antonov at denver

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

when I flew into Denver Saturday I noticed and ANTONOV-225 at a Parking Ramp and it does not appear to be in current use. it seems as though it is a display or something, so if it is on display then someone please tell me why.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

It was an AN-124, the Russian C-5

i noticed that in Denver too when we were coming back from Kansas City on Monday Night on Frontier. I was sitting in the A-seat (left window) and it came up on the left side! It was cool with the Antonov house colors on it! I've never seen one before then!! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

same here but what is it doing there, since when did Russia have the AN`s here?

besides air mueseums and air shows?

but again i say what is it doing there?

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Yeah i was wondering too! It might of been a stopover or something. ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ Dont Know

There were no airshows in or around Denver that i heard about.
Very intresting!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

what do you mean "stopover"?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I've seen the AN-124 at KPHL and at KRIC on several occasions. US companies that need to transport very large pieces of cargo contract for the services of the AN-124 from Russia. Not sure what companies but I would think that oil companies would be one example. Large manufacturing companies such as automotive plants may be another. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

thanks CAPT. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Noble airplane, i would love to se one. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

JJr Said

what do you mean "stopover"?

i mean they might of just stopped there on the way to another airport, like to refuel or to change crew or something.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

This plane is GINORMOUS!

Here is one at an undisclosed location:

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...