Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FSX has a release date and price now.

https://www.simshack.net/products/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition-74

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total

Answers 55 Answers

Jump to latest

I wouldent trust that just yet, ebgames usually just makes a guess of what the release date and price is.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Nice find RM 👍 that gives us something to look forward to. When we get an official release date from MS, I'll know to book that day off work. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Not long too wait 🙂) 🙂) 🙂)

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

That's great! Should have my Dual-Core up and running by then, probably using fs9 on it, and then not wanting fsx, course I am joking.. Got it all built, just waiting for the cpu, keep bidding on eBay, just a matter of time. Think I'll have to bid higher. I want an AMD 64 X2 +4400, already have 4Gb of DDR2.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

YAY!!! 😀 😀 😀 Now i can force my parents to sponsor me to build a pc by then Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 😀 😀 😂 no,it's true! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

$50 is a verey good price, considering fs9 was £50 when it fisrt came out!

I'll have to bump up my computer fist though!

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Great news RM, thanks for all your help. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

KenTel wrote:

That's great! Should have my Dual-Core up and running by then, probably using fs9 on it,

I did my research on dual core and FS9 and It was not a positive outlook. If you spend a little time on the reading on it (google it) you will find some bad threads on it as FS9 is not able to run Dual Core properly. Crying or Very sad but maybe FSx will be able to...only time will tell.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

-Jester- wrote:

KenTel wrote:

That's great! Should have my Dual-Core up and running by then, probably using fs9 on it,

I did my research on dual core and FS9 and It was not a positive outlook. If you spend a little time on the reading on it (google it) you will find some bad threads on it as FS9 is not able to run Dual Core properly. Crying or Very sad but maybe FSx will be able to...only time will tell.

So "P.C.Pilot" Magazine, latest issue is wrong then? A five page test of several computers, using varios Flying Sims, including fs9, and they all performed a lot better using Dual-Core. I've been building computers for a few years now, think you should do a bit more research.

If you remove the [img] and [/img] from the URL, you should get your banner showing.

Last edited by KenTel on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Without a doubt it will be OK, if I am correct in my thinking.
Vista, directX10, and fsX are being written for 64 bit;
AMD has had 64x2 dual cores for a while now;
Everything should be all good.

I know my plan is to buy the latest AMD64 dual-core when
both Vista and fsX are properly released.

(not that I won't buy fsX for my current system when its
released) 🙄

😎

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well I have almost everything for the build,ASUS Mobo, DDR2, HDs (SATA II 300Gb each), DVD burner, floppy, case, PSU(Hiper 580), last but not least to get is the cpu, and cooler. I'm hoping to get a AMD X2 +4400, but the price is holding up the final purchase, hoping to get one on eBay soon. Forgot have graphics card also, 7900 GTX sli. compat, get another when poss.

Already have two spare monitors.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

yay! ...only 4 months until I need to spend a bunch of money on upgrading my computer!! ..lol 😂

ah, but on a serious note.. i am sooo psyched... i cannot wait for this game!!! it's awesome to hear that it will be out as early as october 😀
😎 Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Same here man,same here

I cant believe its only $50.. When i bought FS2002 a couple months after it came out, it was around $80.. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I cant believe its only $50.. When i bought FS2002 a couple months after it came out, it was around $80.. 😕

I preordered it at $55, 3 years ago.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

ITS RELEASE THE DAY OF MY BIRTH DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aslo any specs for it yet?

RadarMan wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Radar

Oh man i got ripped off.. where did u buy it from? i got mine from Best Buy.

Pro Member Chief Captain

best buy always has high prices when i compare it to circuit city

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Radar

Oh man i got ripped off.. where did u buy it from? i got mine from Best Buy.

www.ebgames.com but I would now get it from compusa, Amazon or even wal-mart, they have good prices. I don't like ebgames.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

radarman every game ive got from EBGAMES were messed with....witch were....

Xplanes 8

FS9

i got both of those games and guess what....

Xplanes 8 was nearly cut in half when i took it out of its box, and FS9 wasnt there so i took it back and they said oh we dont carry that old game anymore.

DUH!!! then dont adertize for it.

so i am planning to burn EBGAMES TO THE GROUND!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

so i fanally just went to walmart and got it for $20 bucks

and so from now on i never buy anything from EBGAMES EVER! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Censored on microsoft it says that it is comming out holiday 06. so i dont think october pretains to that. and i think microsoft would have the date out before ebgames

Censored By Radar

paulhef Guest

Hi Guys,
I just purchased my pre-order boxed FSX at amazon.com for &69.99 so am just sitting here and pacing the floors 😂 i saw simshack.com has it for 91.08 a little to high for this budget. So we will see....anxiously waiting.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍 I need a new computer for FSX. Thinking top of the line Falcon Northwest. http://www.falcon-nw.com/ 🙂

Does anyone have the specs that you have to have 4 the game cause ive got:
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
1.92Ghz, 512Mb Ram
Win Xp Version 2002 SP2

anyone know if that will work?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

👍 I need a new computer for FSX. Thinking top of the line Falcon Northwest. http://www.falcon-nw.com/ 🙂

http://www.alienware.com/ used to be the best, and Falcon the most expensive but with Dell-Hell buying Alien that makes them (at best) a second rate gameing manufacturer.

Does Falcon have their tech support out-sourced or is it based here and Canada.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm using an Alienware(AW) Area 51 and I wouldn't recommend AW. According to the website for Falcon Northwest, there tech support is in the US. AW's is from somewhere in South America. Widow PC is another contender www.widowpc.com. Both are very expensive. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks for that one. I looked at http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ , good prices and hardware but support is in India.

Radar

tabjai Guest

Is it 50 pounds or 50 dollars? I remember buying FS2004 in the US for $55 limited edition.

Pro Member Chief Captain

From SimShack it is 50 Pounds...from EBgames it 50 Dollars.
Therefore it is cheaper from EBgames 😉

Pro Member Trainee
ALBAINIAN FLYER (eldi90) Trainee

Is FSX a quick cover up for a FS2006 or it has no relation at all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

They are the same thing - but the X symbolises 10 (its the tenth version) as it is the roman numeral. FSX has a bit more of a ring to it 😉

if i bye fsx at amazon could spend about 50£.
and what is that it says dvd-room.is the same like cd-room 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

In order to use/play a DVD you have to have a DVD-ROM or DVD writer drive installed in your computer. You will not be able to utilize a program that only comes on DVD if you only have a CD drive. FSX will be on DVD disks so you will need a DVD-ROM drive or a DVD writer to use FSX. 🙂
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-ROM

and see please all page.fsx is and for xp

Anonymous wrote:

and see it please all page.fsx is and for xp

and see it all please.
it says u can run it with xp and vista

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Here's the FSX guide for us in the US. 🙂
FSX Guide

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

Hey, the CH Hangar forum says there is a ticking clock somewhere listing Thursday, August 10 as some kind of pre-pre-release of FSX. Any news out there?

hey

what does it mean deluxe edition 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
pilothavetobe Guest

Anonymous wrote:

Well, I wouldn`t complain about the price of FSX being lower... and I don't know why fs'02 was more expinsive. And I am very exited about it being released in October, the 19th is my birthday! A late present I guess.... 😉

pilothavetobe Guest

Well, I guess an early birthday present, October 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (birthday October 19)

Hey, hope this isn't a repeat as I don't find time to read all, but go here for a free sneak preview: [url]http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Micro..._X/1155224166/1
...rob[/url]

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

oops, let me try this again as I forgot how to do this............
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X/1155224166/1
...rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Excellent link Habu, it led me into this one.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

14gig

😳 😳

636Mb.
Here are the standard aeroplanes (22/24):

Airbus A321
AirCreation SL450 UltraLight
Bell 206B JetRanger III
Boeing 737-800
Boeing 747-400
Bombardier
CRJ 700
Bombadier
Learjet 45
Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
Cessna 172 Skyhawk SP
deHavilland DHC-Z Beaver Floatplane
DG 808S 18 Meter Sailplane
Douglas DC-3
Extra 300S
Grumman G-21A Goose
Maule M7-260C Super Rocket
Mooney Bravo
Piper J3 Club
Raytheon Baron 58
Ratheon King Air 350
Robinson R22 Beta 2

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

636 MB is the size of the demo, not the final release. 14 GB is the amount of space you will need to install FSX when it is released.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

636 MB is the size of the demo, not the final release. 14 GB is the amount of space you will need to install FSX when it is released.

That's right, and 16Gb for Vista without anything else, at least that's what it uses on my spare HD. Incidentally FSX Demo does not run very well on Vista Beta 2, the first demo flight runs, but soon as you try to fly it locks up.

And FS9 doesn't like Vista either so far!

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Not good for me if FSX will need 14 gig. i am dead y Lap only has 15 gig. Hard drive, need to get a new one... 😕 😞 Crying or Very sad Mad 😳

USRaven Guest

I guess I am the "BOLD" one of the group. I just picked up an ALIENWARE Aurora M9700 AMD Turion 64 ML44 2.4ghz, 800MHz fsb, 1GB SO-DIMM 400MHz, and SLI 256MB NVidia GeForce Go 7900 GS (only on one card right now!). I am running the demo on my Laptop, and aside from the bugs and errors with the demo, IT KICKS @$$ !!! The only problem -- I dont know how to fly without LAG !!! 🙄 I am working on the wife for 3GB more of RAM and maybe, just maybe that second video card.... but when you spend 3,000 on a laptop -- Explaining to the wife why she cant have a 1CT ring becomes harder and harder.... but hey - It is what it is !!!

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Eeek, all the propellors are turning the same way. Isn't that going to make the plane very difficult to fly?

Che

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Eeek, all the propellors are turning the same way. Isn't that going to make the plane very difficult to fly?

Che

And that has what to do with FSX? Evil or Very Mad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...