How do you stop turbelance??

I am on a flight from EIDW to LERS and there is a crosswind and heavy turbulence. The passengers are not happy about this. How do I solve this so they can have a comfortable flight. Should I go to a higher altitude?? It has been like this since takeoff

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Turbulence is unavoidable.....climbing to a higher altitude will help though 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Go to Settings/Weather and put a dot to Disable Turbulence effect on aircraft.

Ah no I don't want it to be unrealistic, I just want to know how to fight it

I don't mind turbulance on takeoff and landing but having it the whole cruise times annoys passengers and according to fspax 9% of pax have been constantly anxious because of this turbulance, and are more than likely annoyed that they have to spend the whole flight with there seatbelts on, which means no toilet for pax on a 3 hour flight, oh dear!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Like PW said, you can ascend or descend to avoid turbulence with the approval of ATC. In the real world, they'll more than likely just fly right through it 😉

It has been here since takeoff. My original cruising level was FL250 but I have raised all the way to FL360 and its still not gone. I have been flying through it. I started in Ireland and now I am near the south of France, turburlance is still here. Surely this is not realistic I am flying a POSKY 737-700 and I am cruising at .80 Mach with autopilot on following my GPS course. My weather scheme is building storms. Wind is 256 / 16

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

No that isn't realistic. Turbulence shouldn't be persistent for hundreds of nautical miles across over 10,000 feet vertically. Try changing your weather system 😉

I don't think fspax will let me change weather mid-flight. I have to descend now (over the French Alps... lol!!!)

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

In real life there are complex computers to figure out where the turbulence is. The FAA has ground-based weather RADARs and most big planes have nose-mounted weather RADAR. Also, if a pilot flies through a pocket of turbulence that didn't show up on RADAR and was previously unknown, he'll call the departure or who-ever and give a PiRep(Pilot Report) of the turbulence, then ATC can warn other pilots of the turbulence and maybe steer them around it.

I fly all the time and most flights never see a bit of turbulence...

It dissapeared as I was coming in for approach. I made a nice touchdown of 120ft/min and arrived on time and there were no complaints about the turbulance on my after-flight report. Thanks for the help everyone

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...