Stop Error

Davidicus Guest

I am having a problem with fs2004. Every so often (after 10 mins) of playing fs2004 it crashes and restarts. When it has restarted It tells me that my system has recovered from a serious error - a stop error. now i knew that a stop error is very bad but what it also told me was that it was to do with one of my drivers.. I have a joystick that plays up with a certain plane on fs2004 - so i thought that it was my joystick causing the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled from the Saitek site the drivers and downloaded the fs2004 update but it still crashes with a stop error. can anyone give me some advise please. 😕

PC SPECS:
Processor: 3.2GHZ Intel Pentium 4, 640 with HT tech
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Graphics Card: 128MB ATI Radeon X740 XL
Hard Drive: 320GB

Joystick:
Saitek Cyborg 3D Force

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I hope that you find this site helpful:

Davidicus Guest

I did what that website said and I finally got through to Microsoft who told me that I needed the latest drivers for my Lexar Media USB reader:

I then went on the Lexar Media Website and found something that I think might be the answer. On the next link go down to USB reader driver and its the first one under that subtitle:

but those are discontinued so I'm still unsure what to do. I dont want to download it because I'm worried that it wont be the right one and would stop my USB reader from working.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

What is the exact model of your Lexar USB reader?

Davidicus Guest

Im not sure and I've forgotten the way that you find out so please can you explain how to find out, thanks 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Davidicus wrote:

Im not sure and I've forgotten the way that you find out so please can you explain how to find out, thanks 😎

Normally there is a model number on the device. Sometimes you can match your device by look and features on the manufactures website to determine the exact model that you have. Sometimes the model number shows up in the Device Manager area of My Computer Properties. Is it internal or plug in?

Davidicus Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

Is it internal or plug in?

It's certainly internal.

Davidicus Guest

I'm going to try putting the joystick into the back usb ports because I think they're made by Intel and may make a difference

Davidicus Guest

THANKS LOADS FOR THE ADVISE AFTER I PLUGGED THE JOYSTICK INTO BACK USB IT WORKED THANKYOU CRJCapt! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Glad to hear it, now go flying and stay out of the trees. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...