This Old Fart, had his 1st Flying Lesson today

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Wow! What a superb day it has been. Arrived on time, after initial briefing Instructor and self strolled out to our Cessna 152. Now this Instructor was a very attractive young lady, and she certainly knew her job. Even though it had just landed with another instructor flying with his pupil, she still gave it a 100% examination.

Very good, because it had just landed after a flight with NO OIL filler cap in place, and it had lost a lot of the lubrication oil. She called her boss, and he gave us another plane, would you mind sir, says he, certainly not, as it was a Cessna 172.

After this it was just a dream coming true..........fan...blo.....tas.....ddy...tic.

Picture of self and Sabine posted.

More pics to follow, when I have time.

Last edited by KenTel on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

Your a very lucky man!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I do envy you that flying experience, good luck and may you have many more!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Most important thing was, this young lady has just passed her Commercial Pilots Licence, and will shortly be flying a large multi-engine jet. A Jumbo, what a girl....

If you want to brouse all the pics I managed to get here is the directions to them on Photobucket.

You have been invited to visit a photo album

The read only password to view this album is: uktrek

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

😁 👍 😁

Fantastic!!! Does it get any better? Great work.

😎

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Great i am glad!
Surprised

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Congrats....it sounds really fun ❗ ❗ 😉

Thanks for sharing the pics 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

As a once in a lifetime experience, well I don't think there is much to surpass it. I'm not going for a licence at my age, I don't feel capable of getting my head round all the rules and regs, etc., that you are required to know. But only allowed to have two flights as a trainee, before enrolling as an official pupil. So I have to enrol as a pupil, then I can fly whenever I can afford or want, but of course have to be supervised.

I don't care, it's wonderful, at some moments it feels as though you are suspended in time, no real feeling of speed, but a journey by road that takes seemingly forever, with present day traffic, is completed almost in the wink of your eye.

Compared with a sim, well a sim is better than nothing, but no comparison to the real McCoy.

My first taster was last year in a Tiger Moth, if viewers have found my photobucket posting OK, I'll get a few pics up on Photobucket of the TM, and post the URL.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Excellent Kentel, I am glad you enjoyed it - I haven't seen you about on the boards lately...

Do you find simming helps you fly for real? I have only done it once but find knowing the basics already gives an advantage even if you don't get the feel from simming.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Thanks for the pics Ken 👍
I too have had the pleasure of flying lessons and can only say get up there as often as you can(I know ££££ 🙄 )
Keep us posted 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Insight wrote:

Excellent Kentel, I am glad you enjoyed it - I haven't seen you about on the boards lately...

Do you find simming helps you fly for real? I have only done it once but find knowing the basics already gives an advantage even if you don't get the feel from simming.

Hi Insight, I've been around, but not always posting, sometimes just lurking. 😂 😂 And trying to improve the running of my Computer, plus my new build is slowly progressing.

Does simming help, quick answer, definitely yes! But mainly in the education of what this button, or that knob does. The actual feel, well there is very little to compare, in the actual flying experience, your plane has a life of it's own, you can feel it's response to your every movement of the controls. This is the big thing, you FEEL the reactions, not just see them. It's a bit like riding a horse, or a M/C, you control it by the reactions of your bum. If you have a chance, don't think twice, take it!

It is absolutely marvelous. I was hit last year by a training flight in the Tiger Moth at Duxford, must say that was unbelievable as well.

I shall try to put my collection of photos from both events on Photobucket, and those interested can have a 'birds' eye view.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

OK, as promised, my Tiger Moth Flight, plus a look around Duxford, Aug 8th. 2005.

The read only password to view this album is: uktrek

Suggest you enter password "uktrek" on first page, on second page select "Tiger Moth Flight", third page top right, select "all", then slideshow. of course if you are aware of Photobucket usage, do your own thing!

Enjoy, I know I did!

Xtra, take off video

Sorry about the vocals on sound track, our young son, and his wife.

Bit more, from Google Earth, quite accurate.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...