The Intel Core 2 (Conroe) Chip

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The Intel Core 2 (Conroe) Chip-what I've been waiting for.

They are finally back in form and have blown the socks off AMD.
The new board that they have to come out with should be a fine piece of work after the Crossfire disaster.
I would like them to have one that supports more than 4 gigs of ram (DDR2 or 3). DDR3 should be out next year.

Comments???????????????????????

Just thought you might like some light reading.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1983842,00.asp

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1985021,00.asp

Radar

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Nice find RM. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thansk for the infos RadarMan. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The first test results of the Intel Core 2 (Conroe) against the AMD F62.

It should be available July 27 and I'm sure we will see much more testing done.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Seems that Intel try to get on the top again...And from what i had read(and understand Embarassed 😂 ) they have done a good job...Although as i was always been quite suspicious Umm... i prefer to wait for a while... 😉

Thanks for let us know about these very interesting infos RadarMan. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Thanks, RM. Very good to know.

😎

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Like everything, if you want to wait, things will improve, and if you read this paragraph you can see what I mean

"With all of the chips on the table, so to speak, Intel has pulled ahead in the desktop market by providing a faster, cheaper CPU than the competition. But that victory may be shortlived. AMD can quickly rebalance the scales by increasing clock speeds and lowering prices. "

I'm just getting my latest build running, and today have put Vista to rest for a while, found too many problems. And have done a clean XP install, plus ditto fs9, no extras yet but fps is looking very good over fifty with everything set at max. So if I set fps to 30 then it should cope with anything that I throw at it.

And the latest nVidia drivers are really something special, wow you can get to play with your dual sli cards, very nice.

Right, had a long day, f1 in the morning, gardening all afternoon, and computer all evening. F1 tomorrow, so computer will have to wait again.

Back to the cpus, got my Dual cpu about 1/2lf price and I'm more than happy. Have always used AMDs, don't feel like changing yet...

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer
Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Performance looks good, but not enough for me to update again, 😂

Added my VFR scenery today for the UK, and this time have adjusted the nVidia Cards with the driver software. Lo and behold with all adjustments in fs9 at max, fps does not drop below 70 now, this with the VFR scenery.

Flying a LearJet for the testing, have a couple of screen shots, but till I get all my old programs re-installed, etc. I'm unable to post any.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

Gamespot's write-up and in-game performance tests:

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/intel-core-2-processor-hands-on-game-performance-6153900/

Good find Faucett, I still want to see what is said after it hits the streets, especially by Tomshardware.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Some more performance testing...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

KenTel wrote:

Good find, the last three (short) paragraphs tell the story.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

KenTel wrote:

Good find, the last three (short) paragraphs tell the story.

Radar

That's a very big Roger RM, and I'm mighty glad I managed to buy my latest AMD x2 cpu around half normal price, else I'd be looking for the Andrex. 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check the Games page, link at the bottom. They tested FS9.

Very complete, even if it's not out yet.

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1874,1988714,00.asp

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Yes the first is a good description of the known ads and dis-ads. The Intel is faster and better, but not by enough in my mind, for me to change. I don't play any of the games, other than fs9, and AMD x2 is more than adequate. And it is also noted that the graphics cards have more influence on the final result that the cpu.

More I look at it, the more I realise, they want our money! 😂 😂

The 2nd URL I was going to post myself, on my last posting, but noticed you had put a similar one in your opening post. And that is quite informative.

My last words, if you haven't dual-cored it by now, then start thinking Intel!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thinking about the new Conroe, read this for some help.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/06/05/first_benchmarks_conroe_vs_fx-62/

Radar

Munkeh Guest

Anyone built/brought a conroe system? Thinking about it, you can make a gaming rig for about £400 😳

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

September Listing for Novatech, they're doing some ready built, and burnt in, for not much more!

That's if you're in the UK.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...