FS Water won't display

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

At least when I download freeware...I expect to be dissapointed.

I've just purchased FS Water...and my settings will not allow me to maximize the water slide in display settings.

What do I need to upgrade to get the water textures to work?

Thanks.

Specs:
768 Mb Ram <Edit, 766 Mb Ram
1.8 Ghz <Edit, 2.4 Ghz
Intel 82845 Graphics Card <---I think it's probably this.

Last edited by Canyon (NoWorries) on Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Probably your integrated card, they aren't to good.

Do a search of the flight one forum for FSWater.

http://simforums.com/forums/default.asp

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Agreed, the graphics chip on the motherboard leaves a lot to be desired.

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

If it wont let you slide it try turning your water and land slide down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Ah yes that explans your screenshots. Wink You need quite a few upgrades there to really enjoy fs.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Ah yes that explans your screenshots

I think thats a little harsh...i've always thought NoWorries screenshots are very good quality.

Pro Member First Officer

Solotwo wrote:

Ah yes that explans your screenshots. Wink

Yeah, it does. What's your excuse?

Pro Member First Officer

Can you guys recommend a reasonable Graphics card, I dunno, probably around $200? I have no idea what my motherboard takes, how do I find out?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Run this app so we can see what board you have and if it has an AGP slot for a good card.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

You can see it in this shot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Graphics_Port

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Hopefully this posts, all of this is Greek to me, but fortunately we have a Greekman to help. 🙂 *Ba Da Bing*

Edit 1, I'm stupid, I thought it was a link on the internet, it's a link on my computer.

Edit 2, I took down the info so nobody tries to help, cuz I don't want to waste anyones time.

I got a phone call from a friend about five minutes after posting that info, and he knows a lot about computers, I said, "Hey, do you know a good, cheap graphix card that will fit my computer?" He said, "What kind of computer?" I said, "Dell 2400." He said, "That takes a PCI Port, I have a GeForce 5500 that I'm not using anymore? Do you want it?"

Of course I said yes, after asking him if it was any good! He said it was a lot better than the one I have now! He's dropping it in the mail first thing Monday!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice timing! It's not the best ( search the forum) but as he said it is better than what you have. They don't make PCI cards any more just PCIe and AGP.

When you get it you'll have to disable your integrated card, download older drivers for the new card and install it.

We'll get to that when it comes.

Maybe your friend can walk you through it over the phone, that would be the best.

(While your in the case, clean the fans)

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...