Bombadier Dash 8 Q400 Transtar + FlyBe - why won't it work

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I downloaded the Dash 8 Q400 and installed it - after I realised that it was Bombadier not de Havilland I found it and flew it ok. Like the Grumman "Tracker" it has a tendency on takeoff to climb rather sharply, stall and plunge backwards back to earth. However, this is not a problem as gently pulling the stick back fixes both of them

I also downloaded the Dash 8 Q400 FlyBE AI software which I figured ought to be usable on the flyable Dash. I've tried everything, including duplicating the "Sim" file in "Aircraft.cfg", to add a BE livery, without success. I can add what should be another livery but whilst it appears in the list of aircraft the texture is not applied. I followed the "Sim" file in the BE readme document but there appeared to be rather a lot of unfamiliar lines for normal flyable planes. Duplicating the original part of the aircraft.cfg file and simply changing "texture=TranStar" to read "texture=BEE\The George Best" didn't produce the texture on the plane.

I feel I am missing something but can't think what?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...