HSI Bank Angles

Jamie4590 Guest

I'm trying to learn how to identify my bank angle by looking at the top of the HSI reading. It has a moveable arrow that points to different fixed markers as the plane banks. Can anyone help?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm not too sure what you mean. When you turn the fixed point in the middle stays still while the heading rose turns and you face a new heading. The speed at which this happens depends on the amount of yaw and aileron but I don't know how you can identify your specific bank angle just from watching how fast it moves Dont Know

If you could explain a bit more, it'd be helpful 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Do you mean the markers at the top of the horizon??

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attitude_indicator

I think you mean Attitude indicator, sometimes called a ADI. The lines indicate 10, 20, 30 degrees, the dot is 45 degrees. The last line is 60 degrees. It's varies a little with other styles of indicators but the general concept is the same. 🙂

Jamie4590 Guest

Thanks CRJCapt, thats the info I need and sorry guys for not being clear and confusing my displays in the first post. I think I need to do an instrumentation refresher course! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...