If your bored during a flight, you . . .

If your bored during a flight, you . . .
Leave the autopilot to do the dirty work, and come back for the landing
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Stay in your seat and monitor instruments all throughout the flight
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Read a book, and just look up to make sure everything's ok as time passes
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Scan the forums using the kneeboard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other -- Please specify
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 25

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I just thought this would be good for those of us who can't seem to find anything to do inflight. 😉

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Well, Mostly I just do small short and fun flights, needing a lot of concentration like landing a vtol plane on a skyscraper, but If I do a long flight, yeah I'll be doing something else, possibly reading a book while i montor it all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i might get my MP3 Player and listen to music and have the sound low enough so i can hear warning signals and i might surf the web or something...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I sometimes leave the AP running 😉

chat up the stewardess! (providing there is one!)

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

chat up the stewardess! (providing there is one!)

😂
providing they are real lol
i like to leave it on autopilot and watch tv. Sometimes i will make it go faster but other tahn i mostly get bored and exit fs and go play age of empires online 😂

Jamie4590 Guest

I'll watch tv but usually that results in me missing something important. Recently I did the perfect flight and landing but couldn't work out why I crashed. A replay showed the cause. I never lowerd the landing gear! Now I always have GEAR in big letters on my landing checklist.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I once did an eleven hour flight across Antarctica in a C-130 on Vatsim (no ATC down there, of course). Besides potty breaks, I sat at the screen the whole time.

Jamie4590 Guest

After a hard days slog I like to unwind with a few ice cold beers. This isn't a problem at the the start of the flight but a few hours (and beers) later my judgement can be comprimised not to mention my ability to focus on the already crammed Concorde instrument panel. I'm thinking of getting a magnifying glass! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Usually I'll just do the flight if its around an hour an a half or so monitoring everything, and watching TV, or playing PS2 also. But that only requires a 60degree swivel to the left. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Usually I'll just do the flight if its around an hour an a half or so monitoring everything, and watching TV, or playing PS2 also. But that only requires a 60degree swivel to the left. Wink

same here...just the other direction Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I usually do pretty much anything...homework, PS2 etc...always with one eye on the computer screen though 😉

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I voted Other--I assume you are talking flight sim?

I rather doubt too many folks are going to fly the sim cross country on a daily basis STOCK.
For me--I take off and climb to altitude, then I set the sim to 8xspeed, work the radio replies, and changes(ya gotta be real quick) then go back to normal speed for the last hour of the flight.

I fly a lot, and simply refuse to sit there for 6-7 hours

Now if your talkin real, set the Auto-pilot/FMC, watch for traffic, and gauges, have a snack, chat, etc.......

Capt. Dennison

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It would be nice if FS served real snacks. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

It would be nice if FS served real snacks. 😂 😂 😂 😂

It would be even nicer if the real airlines served real snacks 😎

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i usually do this- laugh if you wish 🙂
autopilot. Simulation Rate x16
I simply dont have the time, nor patience to sit and watch it for 10 hours 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I still fail to understand the reasoning for using time acceleration.

If you don't have the time nor the patience to fly a long flight simply fly a shorter route.

If all you like doing is taking off and landing just fly around your airport. Wink

Jamie4590 Guest

I've got JFK to get through tonight. When I'm watching TV and simming I prefer to just practice on one area such as landings or turns so I don't get depressed that a long haul flight failed due to lack of concentration.

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

I chose "other" as,
I let the auto pilot do most of the work, while going between watching the tv and looking at the computer screen when the atc tells me to change direction. 😉
You could say a part-time flier. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...