(Video) 737-800 Landing at Rome

TimH Guest

Hi everyone

I made a video of me landing an Alpha Blue VA 737-800W at Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport (LIRF). And this time its not a wingview landing

You can view it here
http://www.freewebs.com/tim_hyland/romelanding.html

Now I do realise I floated a bit when flaring, but I was trying to get as smooth a landing as possible

I hope you like it!!

Tim

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Its a nice video 👍 I like the sounds of the aircraft and its a good angle with a centered landing. Only thing I would suggest is playing around with a few different views to see how that works - otherwise, very nice! 😉

TimH Guest

Yeah I can see what you mean about different camera views, but if I move the camera with my hatswitch when fraps is running it tends to get a bit jerky for a second before becoming smooth again.

I'll think about it for future videos though, thanks for the nice comment and the tip 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

👏

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Excellent sound, great scenery and a beautiful landing.
As already said, one view gets a little long.
Nice job.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Nothing wrong with that landing. We should all do them like that all the time. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Hi Tim,

I am new to FS and have been learning aviation since one month.
I have been following the posts here.Well I want to compliment you.
I liked all your videos of landings.Keep up the good work.Hope i will be able to landing the big jets the same way....

TimH Guest

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!!! They mean alot 😀

to_coolguys, its great that you are willing to learn more about Flight Simulator. Reading posts here is a great way to learn! And practise practise practise really does help!!

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

👏

WantFSX Guest

Did you download another water texture?

Pro Member Trainee
Graham (graham05) Trainee

👍 Clap

WantFSX Guest

WantFSX wrote:

Did you download another water texture?

Please respond....this is very important 🙂

TimH Guest

Thanks for the nice comments guys

The water textures I used are these
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fs9wat.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Pro Member Trainee
bbonsignor Trainee

awsome i wish i was that good!!!! 😳 😳 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...