Microsoft Quote

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Hey guys, I was flipping through my sep. issue of Popular science and I came upon a FSX add that had a ingame pic. of elephant/girafe/the jungle, and below it it had a quote

"After that, let's see you rescue and injured climber on Mt. Kilimanjaro. Or take on the workld's best pilots in the Red Bull Air Races. With 23 aircraft and over 50 real-world missions. it's the most realistic version yet. Whole cities and airports have been faithfully recreated. with 16x overall improvement in terrain graphics.
SUDDENLY, CALLING "IT A SIMULATOR" JUST DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT"

telll me what you think

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I get pop science to amd I saw that it is the one with the top secret warplanes of AREA 51

P.S I WANT FSX

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It is obvious that MS is after the millions of drooling idiots that want to play games. Fortunately, all the useless crap like wild animals, birds and useless missions can be either turned off or ignored.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

It is obvious that MS is after the millions of drooling idiots that want to play games. Fortunately, all the useless crap like wild animals, birds and useless missions can be either turned off or ignored.

Clap 👍

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Birds might be realistic if they include a "bird strike" feature. Obviously not then!!! 😂

Jamie4590 Guest

cheechm wrote:

Birds might be realistic if they include a "bird strike" feature. Obviously not then!!! 😂

Is that when they refuse to fly around airports forcing runways to close and instead gather on the airport perimeter picket line drinking tea from a conveniently placed mobile greasy spoon and keeping warm with a steel barrel full of burning coal exchanging 'hard up' stories? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

cheechm wrote:

Is that when they refuse to fly around airports forcing runways to close and instead gather on the airport perimeter picket line drinking tea from a conveniently placed mobile greasy spoon and keeping warm with a steel barrel full of burning coal exchanging 'hard up' stories? 😀

I think you have the birds confused with the air traffic controllers, years back during the Reagan administration. 😂

Hawk_345 Guest

Well if u think about, adding the animals in and especially somehwere like open australia flying low in taht glider watching animals run about would not be too bad. It would also be coolif there was a bird strike feature but that is pretty much impossible i think.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hawk_345 wrote:

It would also be coolif there was a bird strike feature but that is pretty much impossible i think.

It is far from inpossible, but would someone please explain to me why all these people want the worst possible things to happen to them while flying. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

It would be fun to simulate the emergency. Also, we want the game to be as realistic as possible. (except the elephants running round Africa!!??)

Hawk_345 Guest

yeah, i would love it if actual failures and emrgencys actually hapended randomly like engine failures and guages not working porperly or bird strikein this case because in 2004 it rarly works.

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Hawk_345 wrote:

yeah, i would love it if actual failures and emrgencys actually hapended randomly like engine failures and guages not working porperly or bird strikein this case because in 2004 it rarly works.

Gauge and engine failiures work, but bird strikes don't exist!

BTW 200th post!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

cheechm wrote:

It would be fun to simulate the emergency. Also, we want the game to be as realistic as possible. (except the elephants running round Africa!!??)

Using fun and realistic in the same paragraph is, err, umm, interesting.

Has anyone researched the real world statistics on bird strikes?

From US statistics:

Over 56,000 bird strikes to civil aircraft in the United States were reported to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) from 1990-2004,

Now divide that by the millions of NM flown during that time, or hours flown.

Now program those factors into FS and it will be unlikely that you will ever have a bird strike in your lifetime.

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Elephants running around Africa, what a joke

I would like to use my frames for something better, like clouds, not big fat elephants.. which probably dont look like much from FL410 anyway

And I dont think FS will do much to have the elephants just in Africa, like everything in Flight Sim now everything is more or less the same wherever you go. Trees in the same in Hawaii as in New York etc

The last thing I want to see is AI Elephants running around the streets of London lol 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

TimH wrote:

Trees in the same in Hawaii as in New York etc

The last thing I want to see is AI Elephants running around the streets of London lol 😂

Unless you are using some brain-dead addon, you don't see palm trees in New York.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Forget bird strikes, I want to see elephant strikes!!

X-plane has incorporated a good bird-strike feature, I wouldn't mind seeing Fsx with one also, as long as the statistical probabilities weren't set unreasonably high.

Honestly, all this hype about elephants, giraffes and water buffalos is tiresome, just give me better terrain and VC and I'll be happy.

😎

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

I agree, I think they should forget about animals and focus more on detail. (airports planes, vc,) but one cool thing I really like is moveing cars woot.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have no objection to any of these features...as long as I can turn the ones I don't like, off.

Jamie4590 Guest

I think a grand theft auto theme would be a nice touch where you can 'jack' other players aircraft in multiplayer (and hold them to ransom)

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I think a grand theft auto theme would be a nice touch where you can 'jack' other players aircraft in multiplayer (and hold them to ransom)

The fact that there is even a game called Grand Theft Auto, is a sure sign that freedom without responsibility is not a good thing.

The fact that stuff like gangster rap exists is a sure sign that more parents have to take their children out behind the wood shed.

The fact that they manufacture pants that you can get both legs in one side and have a crotch at knee level, is a sure sign that the human race is getting increasingly stupid.

Okay, that should have stirred things up a bit. 😂

Jamie4590 Guest

If people weren’t stupid they wouldn't fall over or go on tv complaining about being ripped off by someone who was offering something too good to be true in the first place (eg. timeshare) which provides endless entertainment for the more sophisticated members of society. 😂

piperpilot Guest

why are you go on about people who go on telly and complain n Censored like that when the subject is about flight simulator x!!!!!!!!!! 🙄

Censored By Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...