Microsoft need to bring out a new train simulator!

CptChris ba a319 Guest

Don't you agree that microsoft need to bring out a new train simulator so that it can cope with the new pc versions and windows versions that will be coming out soon!

Chris

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It would be nice but they have to build a beautiful one to catch up with all the new ones that are out now.
It'll never happen, not enough sales.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
XploSioN Trainee

I agree, there should be a new rail simulator from Microsoft. But there is a new rail simulator coming out called " Rail Simulator ". From the movies ive seen, it looks pretty good. http://railsimulator.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

They planned to make a new one, but stopped in 50% production because of lack of sales.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Looks nice, so far.

http://www.railsimulator.com

They seem to have a very nice designer tool that looks simple and the people actually move about.

If anyone buy's it let me know if you can blow the whistle, that's the most important part of any train sim.

Radar

murjax Guest

So many Flight sims, yet only one train sim 🙄 Crying or Very sad [/i]

Alphathewolf Guest

Right now there is a game like Rail Simulator called trainz it may entertain u until the newest game comes out but right now last i heard Microsoft quit MSTS totally right now game will still go out to stores for sale but no more expansion unless the community does it.
Trainz was the first game i met after MSTS trust me the route builder in that works perfect. Whistle works. Oh and there are 2 ways to drive 1: Like a toy train with the speed dial and the other is like in MSTS.
Rail Simulator is graphicly better then trainz but it is giving us MSTS fans what trainz fans have had for a while and giving trainz fans great graphics.

The only thing we need now is multiplayer mode.

Also i heard of some other train sims but they don't come to mind take a look around but it is offical MSTS 2 is dead and not coming back since the project died in 2003 i think. Oh well this is my little post.

Have fun Railroad fans

murjax Guest

Still, Rail Simulator can never be the same as MSTS. Even though I don't have it yet, I can say that MSTS is better in that they have the Acela and they also have more addons ( I don't think Rail Simulator has addons). Yes

murjax Guest

Same goes with trainz.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Ok so I have to ask what is so exciting about a train sim???? 😕 is it hard to get the train to stop at the station? Or what? What is so appealing to train simming im just wondering ?

murjax Guest

I can't say everything because I don't have it yet, however I do know that it is fun because you can edit a route and be the passenger. A lot of people like to make massive train wreaks with them like the one here. ➡ [url]youtube.com/watch?v=nJpu3QR_E58[/url]

Guest Guest

spitfiresrule wrote:

Ok so I have to ask what is so exciting about a train sim???? 😕 is it hard to get the train to stop at the station? Or what? What is so appealing to train simming im just wondering ?

Depends if someone has an interest in trains 🙂

I did'nt mind Train simulator, but Flying will always be better as far as I'm concerned 🙂

Its not made by microsoft, but theres a Ship simulator now. It has'nt recieved glowing reviews so far.

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Forget Microsft--Go buy Trainz!!

Microsoft has huge download sized files, and restricted operational ability.
With TRAINZ you can do anything you want-deseign any type layout from a simple 4x8 to something a hundred miles long! And there are THOUSANDS of items to add on!

Here is something I did a while ago-quick and simple!

As to WHY anyone would want a Train simulation? I think first you would need fond memories of a trainset as a kid, then maybe some serious thought on actually building a layout as an adult. I had a small N-scale layout, but I found it not satisfying enough, too much maintanace, and problems. With TRAINZ, I have MANY layouts now, and you can run as many trains as you can handle. I happen to like just running along sections and trainwatching!

In any event-go buy Trainz--Hell I will sell you a boxed copy of TRAINZ 2006 I got--I dodnt load it as I have TRAINZ 2004 on my computer and far too much time in it to install or screw with a newer version-even if it is supposed to be better than the old one.

murjax Guest

First of all, you have to be a train lover like me otherwise it will be boring. Second I want to get the MSTS because they support Amtrak and the northeast corridor more than trainz. Yes

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

murjax wrote:

First of all, you have to be a train lover like me otherwise it will be boring. Second I want to get the MSTS because they support Amtrak and the northeast corridor more than trainz. Yes

In Trainz, they have lotws of Amtrak stuff for downloading incliding metroliners and new and old locomotive power, even electrified engines. I also believe there are some premade maps/routes of the NE corridor available to download--or you can make it yourself!

murjax Guest

I also noticed that the graphics can be bad in some areas ( making it look like fs2000) but if you like trainz better, that is fine. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

murjax wrote:

I also noticed that the graphics can be bad in some areas ( making it look like fs2000) but if you like trainz better, that is fine. 🍻

It's old but nice, you may not be able to run it on Vista. Partition your h/d for XP also.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...