Microsoft Train Sim 2

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (airbourne) First Officer

Is Microsoft train simulator only being released in north america :/ ?

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No it will be released world wide probably in the holiday season of 2008.
Railsimulator Europe is out now but that only available in Europe, a North American version will be ready the first of next year.
They are both being released by EA sports but built by the designers of the original MSTS V1.
http://www.railsimulator.com/

Personally I would like to have both versions, the European and North American.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (airbourne) First Officer

Ah 🙂 , ok

Pro Member Trainee
hammer32261 Trainee

Is it true that MTS2 is only going to run with the vista OS??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hammer32261 wrote:

Is it true that MTS2 is only going to run with the vista OS??

As far as I know it is, bummer! Get this http://www.railsimulator.com/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hammer32261 Trainee

Radar man is that one going to be as good as MSTS2??
the demo looked good

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hammer32261 wrote:

Radar man is that one going to be as good as MSTS2??
the demo looked good

Hard to say.
The people who built this are the ones that built the first MSTS.
They decided to make their own and someone else is making MSTSX for MS.
It's based on the FSX Flight Sim engine so it'll take a powerful computer.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hammer32261 Trainee

Ok thx Radarman i guess ill buy the Railsim
I'm not going to be blackmailed into buying that pile of garbage Vista just so i can play MSFS2. I have a powerfull comp but if the OS is junk what good is that going to do. They need to face reality Vista is a bust.

John UPS1004

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz
Asus striker extreme
Silverstone Zeus 850Watt ps
Mushkin DDR2 REDLINE XP2
BFG 8800GTX 756

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hammer32261 wrote:

Ok thx Radarman i guess ill buy the Railsim
I'm not going to be blackmailed into buying that pile of garbage Vista just so i can play MSFS2. I have a powerfull comp but if the OS is junk what good is that going to do. They need to face reality Vista is a bust.

John UPS1004

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz
Asus striker extreme
Silverstone Zeus 850Watt ps
Mushkin DDR2 REDLINE XP2
BFG 8800GTX 756

Very similar to mine (I have 2X512mb ATi in crossfire) but have Vista and won't load it.
I'll keep XP as long as they patch it.
Too bad about MSTSX, Rail is UK only right now and a US version is coming out very soon.
To bad the UK version isn't sold here I'd buy both.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hammer32261 Trainee

It ships on the 16th of this month plus if you order it from this site you get some kind of a bonus with the game.

Heres the UK version but it says vista platform. read the reviews there not very good.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-Rail-Simulator-DVD/dp/B000RO37VI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1199321073&sr=1-7

John UPS1004

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No Vista for me, I'll check out the other to be sure it's for XP.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good news.

http://www.railsimulator.com/

At the bottom.

Platforms supported: Windows XP and Vista

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_Simulator

XP and Vista.
http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-Rail-Simulator/dp/B000YIYB3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1199330684&sr=8-1

I've had poor experiences with ebgames.com, I'll go Amazon. I've never had a problem with them. They also ship free and no tax. You save about $10 that way.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hammer32261 Trainee

I hope someone can come up with a way to make MSTS2 work on XP.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hammer32261 wrote:

I hope someone can come up with a way to make MSTS2 work on XP.

They will have it out (maybe) in the 4th quarter of this year. By then they should have most people on Vista and with the use of DX 10 they plan it to be a big hit.
Wait and see but I doubt that they will make it backwards compatible.
they want to sell Vista not MSTSX.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hammer32261 Trainee

Ill probably end up buying another hard drive and run vista on it and just dual boot to go between the 2 os's

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hammer32261 wrote:

Ill probably end up buying another hard drive and run vista on it and just dual boot to go between the 2 os's

That seems to be the best bet.
To bad we can run it (Vista) off disk like Ubuntu.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hammer32261 Trainee

Looks like it might be for both XP and Vista

Microsoft Train Simulator 2 (MSTS2) is an upcoming train simulator for Windows Vista and Windows XP first announced on January 19, 2007. It is successor to Microsoft Train Simulator and it is being developed by ACES Game Studio (Microsoft Game Studios) known for its long line of Microsoft Flight Simulators, as a part of the "Games for Windows" initiative. The game will use the Microsoft Flight Simulator X graphics engine and it will be released for Windows Vista and Windows XP

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'll believe it when MS says it.
I hope you are correct.

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=266365&page=2

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hammer32261 Trainee

If you look on the MSTS2 site youll see this
Games for Windows

Train Simulator 2 will be a Games for Windows title.

The Games for Windows brand means four key things: quality; compatibility; safety features; easy to install, find, and remove.

You can find more about Games for Windows at the Games for Windows Web site.

then when you go on the Games for windows website youll see this

You already know that Windows is a phenomenal gaming platform - the most popular gaming platform on the planet, in fact! That's why you're here.

But what you may not know is that Microsoft and some of the gaming industry's biggest names have worked together to make the gaming experience on Windows better than ever. And Games for Windows is the result. What is Games for Windows? It's a promise of games that deliver the great new gaming experiences on Windows.

The Games for Windows brand on games means four key things:

1) Quality. Games for Windows branded titles undergo extensive testing, and not just by the publisher. Microsoft also invests in quality checking each title to ensure they meet performance and reliability standards.

2) Compatibility. Games for Windows branded titles work on Windows XP and Windows Vista based PCs, including both 32 and 64 bit editions. Games for Windows titles that support controllers are also compatible with the Microsoft XBOX 360 controller for Windows, including the XBOX 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. They even support widescreen resolutions and more.

3) Safety features. You can be confident that any title carrying the Games for Windows brand will support the new parental controls and family settings features in Windows Vista.

4) Easy to Play. Games for Windows branded titles are easy to install, find and remove, especially in Windows Vista. Every Games for Windows title appears in the new Windows Vista Games Explorer (no more hunting around the start menu for that game you just installed). And Games for Windows branded titles all offer some form of “easy install”, putting you in the game more quickly.

Why are these important? Because Games for Windows is all about letting you focus on the FUN.

Many great titles already carry the Games for Windows branding with many more on the way in 2007. Be assured of these great new gaming experiences by looking for Games for Windows branded titles.

Thanks for stopping by. And have FUN!

Notice the Number 2. compatibility
im hoping they hold true to that and make it for both platforms like they did with FSX we can keep our fingers crossed 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...