Train Simulator vs Flight Simulator

TimTim Guest

Hey everyone

Which is your favourite??

Obviously the majority of the answers are going to be Flight Sim and some of the answers here will be biased (it being Fly Away and all).

But some people might prefer Train Sim. And for the people that do?? Why??

Don't get me wrong train simulator is alright, and can sometimes be good fun, but I think Flight Simulator is more of an art. You can never master Flight Sim, because flying in different airplanes is different just like approaches to different airports are different (Lukla vs. LAX for example Wink)

Where as with Train Simulator, it isn't very hard, is it?? I mean yeah there are some difficult bits and all that but overall its quite simple. There is no real challenge to it... and I think you can easily perfect it

But you cant in FS... the day I manage to takeoff a A380 from Cashmere is the day that I'll say I've bet the game 😛

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

First of all i think that you have posted in the wrong forum.

Secondly you have already said what i would have, but i don't own train sim so i can't be sure but i do think that you don't have enough freedom for the sim to be challenging.

i can almost gurentee that almost everyone who owns both games (and is not a 7 year old) will say that flight sim is the best

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I don't have train sim....and don't plan to. One of the reasons for this is the lack of freedom. I like taking off, looking at my GPS and saying to myself hey that looks like a nice place, I wonder if they've got a bakers down there.

In train sim...there are no "views" and you have to follow pre-determined routes. Flight sim is definately better in my opinion...but I bet a trainspotter would disagree. 😉

😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

Also, how much can go wrong on train sim? too fast round a corner etc.

But in Flight sim there are loads of things that could go wrong, which adds a challenge to the sim

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

haahhaha pw!!! hahahahhgaggag that made my day!

TRAINSPOTTERS HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Censored ! lolz who the Censored goes train-spotting? -_-

Censored By Radar

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i'm sure that is quite offenseive to a lot of people. Thats like saying, hahahaha who the hell goes plane spotting, you'd get slaughtered on this site if you said that!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...