problem with new PSU

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I ordered a new 600WATT PSU to come with my new x850XT 256MB graphics card both have arrived but when trying to install the PSU I noticed a problem I only have a 20pin motherboard and the PSU has 24pin Mad can I still cennect it and not have a problem or do I need some sort of cennector or just a whole differtant PSU ❓

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

From what I know you need something like this:
XPCGear

Most new motherboards are becoming 24-pin I think.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

In the past all the Mobos I used were 24 pin, my last 2, both the latest ASUS models are 20 pin, with a seperate 4 pin plug elsewhere on the board. And most of the well known PSUs have both types available to my knowledge. What make is this PSU? Just had a look at a couple of el cheapo ones here, not used. Both have the option for 20 or 24 pin. I won't use cheap ones, I just take them out, thats why I've a couple here. Sometimes I give them to someone with a need for a cheap PSU, they can be bought for around £15.00p new. UK. Last time I used one, about 4 years ago, it fried the motherboard with its poor quality connectors.

Not worth risking!

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

turns out all I had to do was unclip the extra 4 pincs from the PSU 🙄 but im now having problemes with my x850xt

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...