Does anyone know the closest airstrip or airfield to me

meylan Guest

Hi , i've been looking for airfields,airstrips in and around STOKE ON TRENT city in the UK . Google just keeps giving me the international airports close by . If any one knows of any in or close to my home city could you please let me know. thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Have a look at EGOE, EGOS, EGNR and EGWC and see how you get on. I think they are fairly close to Stoke-on-Trent 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I found this site which catalogues all airfields in the UK - open and closed.

Hope you find something on here.

meylan Guest

Thanks , it seems the closest ones to me that are actually in fs9 are

EGOE Ternhill --23 miles away according to google earth's road direction function.

EGBM Tatenhill--30 miles away according to goole earth's road direction function.

There is a closer one, Seighford but it's not in fs9 .

Thanks to you both. cheers 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Ashcroft Airfield

meylan Guest

Thanks, i should of stated i would like it to be in fs9 and i'm afraid it's not but thanks anyway. Although i can't seem to find it on google earth either but thats probably me. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Have you tried the UK2000 series of British airports? Although they are payware they have free demo downloads at their site and they are not all International. They cover a lot of general aviation airfields all over England and Wales and i believe the designer (Gary Simmons i think) has moved to Scotland to make it easier for him to start on the Scottish series!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...