SearchSearch 

Which airport is closest to the Grand Canyon?

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

I am not really good with maps and directions and stuff and I dont really know where the grand canyon is lol. Anyway can someone please give me the name of the airport where the grand is situated?

6 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I think there is an Airport called "Grand Canyon National Park" that's near to the GC but there is one or two that are located in it. Those airports consist of only dust runways but unfortunatley at this time I can't remember those airports names or their ICAO.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for your help 🙂

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

i was on my way to Vegas, from Pheonix AZ, I saw a ditch carved into the rocks, I guess that was the canyon 😂

Guest Ed Guest

One of the "Scenic" flights in FS09 starts near that Grand Canyon NP Airport, with the plane airborne and flying toward the rim of the canyon. The Grand Canyon one of the more impressive geological features in FS09, in my opinion.

A fun trip is to take off from that airport and follow the canyon to the west, flying as low as you can-- a 100 feet or so above the river, if you can manage it. It requires a very maneuverable airplane, to say the least. I've done parts of it in the Extra 300, but I went all the way to Las Vegas in a Vought Corsair (in FS2002). That was fun.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the info! 😀