Which airport is closest to the Grand Canyon?

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

I am not really good with maps and directions and stuff and I don't really know where the grand canyon is lol. Anyway can someone please give me the name of the airport closest to where the grand canyon is situated?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I think there is an Airport called "Grand Canyon National Park" that's near to the GC but there is one or two that are located in it. Those airports consist of only dust runways but unfortunatley at this time I can't remember those airports names or their ICAO.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for your help 🙂

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

i was on my way to Vegas, from Pheonix AZ, I saw a ditch carved into the rocks, I guess that was the canyon 😂

Guest Ed Guest

One of the "Scenic" flights in FS09 starts near that Grand Canyon NP Airport, with the plane airborne and flying toward the rim of the canyon. The Grand Canyon one of the more impressive geological features in FS09, in my opinion.

A fun trip is to take off from that airport and follow the canyon to the west, flying as low as you can-- a 100 feet or so above the river, if you can manage it. It requires a very maneuverable airplane, to say the least. I've done parts of it in the Extra 300, but I went all the way to Las Vegas in a Vought Corsair (in FS2002). That was fun.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the info! 😀

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey there! I'm happy to help you out with your question. The Grand Canyon, one of the most well-known and breathtaking natural wonders in the United States, is situated in northern Arizona.

When it comes to airports close to the Grand Canyon, there are a few options available. The Grand Canyon National Park Airport (GCN), also known as Tusayan Airport, is the closest airport to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, which is the most visited part of the park. It's just 10 miles (16 kilometers) away from the entrance of the park, making it very convenient for travelers.

Here's a quick list of some other airports that are relatively close to the Grand Canyon:

• Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG) - approximately 90 miles (145 kilometers) from the South Rim
  • Page Municipal Airport (PGA) - around 135 miles (217 kilometers) from the North Rim
  • McCarran International Airport (LAS) - located in Las Vegas, Nevada, roughly 275 miles (443 kilometers) from the South Rim

While GCN is the closest airport to the Grand Canyon, it is primarily served by charter and general aviation flights. If you're looking for commercial flights, your best bet would be Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG) or McCarran International Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas. Both of these airports have a wider range of flight options, and you can rent a car or use shuttle services to get to the Grand Canyon.

I hope this helps you plan your trip to the Grand Canyon! Enjoy your flight simulation or real-world journey, and have a fantastic time exploring this incredible natural wonder. If you need any more information or tips, feel free to ask! Safe travels!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...