gauge for 777

i'm looking for a gauge for the default 777. i'm looking for one that will work in the VC for the middle 2 screens that appear black.
i was hoping for one that shows engine power and maybe gear and flaps. i.e something like the one in the 747.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't think you can add gauges to the VC. I think that you will have to download and install a new panel.
Try ➡ www.avsim.com

spuddi Guest

there must be a way to add one because people manage to create their own VC's.
I would have thought that if someone created a gauge i would then be able to edit certain files to add the gauge.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

not unless you are willing to learn all about how to decompile and edit .mdl files, because that is where the VC is defined. As far as I know, this takes a serious bit of study. Not sure if there are any modellers among us, but if they are they'll be able to tell you all about it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

you can edit VC's - depends if you know how and what to do in the panel.cfg and if it possible.

for example milton shupe makes his VC's nice and easy to change due to the bitmap (you lay gauges onto a specific bitmap like a 2d panel) are the same way round as a 2D panel - often they're mirrored in some way and a pig to use.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...