editing liveries

Pro Member Trainee
turk223 Trainee

Really need some help here!

I have the AeroSim classics and think they're the best. I added liveries to the L-1011 - an ATA livery, and to the DC-10 - FedEx. The US flag on the starboard sides are backwards so I went into the textures file and edited them - now the livery doesn't appear!!!

Help!

I can explain this better if anyone needs me to...

Thanks in advance...

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's the way the flag is suppose to be displayed, reinstall your aircraft.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

As Aerosim Classics are payware, doubtful if Aerosim textures contain corrupt textures (reversed flags) (although not impossible), so assume that liveries in question were downloaded from somewhere (Avsim???) - would suggest getting in touch with texture author outlining your problem.
In most of the new textures available on Avsim it does state that they will only work on a/c from Aerosim Classics Volume 2. I assume you have this?.

Like all good computer operators, you would obviously back up any folders/files that you were going to amend???

One of the many reasons for the liveries not showing is that you amended the texture, saved it and omitted to save it in Extended BMP format.

You could address your problem to Aerosim and get a rollicking for amending their textures with insufficient knowledge to carry it out.... or you could go to the Aerosim Support Forum in Avsim - here -
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=set_sort_key&forum=238&page=6&param=author_name

Pro Member Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Read your post after I submitted my post above.
As a matter of interest - why would Fedex carry a reversed US flag on their aircraft? - if it was a UK flag reversed - it would indicate "I am in distress"!!! 🙄

All is revealed -
http://jeanne_and_trev.tripod.com/iraqifreedomheroes/id27.html

Last edited by Dave Copeland (davec) on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have the reference on hand but I think it deals with the flag being displayed with the union(blue field) facing forward on a vehicle, just as it would if it was real and waving in the relative wind. The distress signal for the US Flag is displaying the flag upside down. 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Google is a wonderful invention - added the link to my previous post

http://jeanne_and_trev.tripod.com/iraqifreedomheroes/id27.html

The reason that it is not the same for the UK flag is that it looks the same upside down as it does right side up......... and this all started with an innocent question on disappeared liveries 😂

Pro Member Trainee
turk223 Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

Oops.

I explained that badly... I want the US flag on the starboard side to "fly" with the blue field in the upper right hand corner (as if it were flying in the wind...)

The livery I downloaded show it in "reverse". The same with the ATA liveries...

It's easy if flip it if you go into the texture "frame" but after saving the editing changes, the livery doesn't come up on the aircraft at all - just a gray blob!

Thanks for the help - I hope I explained myself better...

Pro Member Captain

I repeat the question I asked in my initial post - did you save the texture bmp files as extended bmp files - they wont show up unless you do.

Pro Member Trainee
turk223 Trainee

davec wrote:

I repeat the question I asked in my initial post - did you save the texture bmp files as extended bmp files - they wont show up unless you do.

How can I be sure that it is being saved as that type of file? What "comes after the dot"?

Thanks in advance!

Pro Member Captain

turk223 wrote:

davec wrote:

How can I be sure that it is being saved as that type of file? What "comes after the dot"?

Thanks in advance!

Obviously you have not heard of/used DXTbmp.exe - free from -
http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/
- you should read the instructions on the site -
and what comes after the dot? bmp of course.
Obviously you do not have a good grounding in repainting processes so anything you do will be fraught with danger. You should read the Tutorial thread at the top of this Forum.

Pro Member Trainee
turk223 Trainee

Mission accomplished!

Thanks for your help - I've made all the changes to the aircraft that were bugging me! (I wsih I had learned how to do this earlier...)

It was very easy - I didn't even have to read any tutorial... I guess I'm not as much a twit as it seemed... 😂

Thanks again!

Russ

Pro Member Captain

turk223 wrote:

Mission accomplished!

Thanks for your help - I've made all the changes to the aircraft that were bugging me! (I wsih I had learned how to do this earlier...)

It was very easy - I didn't even have to read any tutorial... I guess I'm not as much a twit as it seemed... 😂

Thanks again!

Russ

Glad to hear that you were successful - no, you don't need to read the tutorials - not till you come across another problem - then you just get someone who has read the tutorials to give you the solution ...and no, you are not a twit - in fact you are quite clever - you get someone else to solve the problem - it is a lot easier, as you say. 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...