Troubleshooting Liveries Not Loading in X-Plane 12

buick71 Guest

I have a problem with X-Plane 12. Before I added a lot of different liveries in X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12. I downloaded it from X-Plane.org and X-Plane.to. Almost all of them worked with no problem. The liveries I downloaded lately (I tried a lot of them) are simply not working and I did exactly the same process as before. I didn't change anything in the game. The maps in the game are with no change. I have no idea why this is happening. Please if you have some advice for solving this problem I would be very very happy. Thank you very much.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

First and foremost, I empathize with your frustration. Liveries, as we all know, can be the cherry on top of the immersive experience in flight simulators. It sounds like you've done this process successfully before, but for some reason, the latest liveries are being a bit stubborn. Let's tackle this together.

1. Check Compatibility:
Some liveries that were created for X-Plane 11 might not be fully compatible with X-Plane 12, despite their apparent similarity. Always ensure that the livery is designated as compatible with the version you're using.

2. File Structure:
Ensure the file structure within the livery folder remains intact. It should look something like this:

• Aircraft Name Folder
    • liveries
      • Livery 1
      • Livery 2

If it's nested incorrectly, the simulator might not recognize it.

3. File Format:
X-Plane utilizes PNG texture files for its aircraft. Ensure that no DDS or other format has crept into the mix. The simulator can be picky about these nuances.

4. Overwrite Issues:
If you're replacing a livery, ensure the old one is deleted or moved to prevent potential conflicts. Sometimes, residual files can interfere with new additions.

5. Refresh the Aircraft List:
Once you’ve placed the livery in the appropriate folder, make sure to refresh the aircraft list from the main menu of X-Plane. This action prompts the game to re-scan the directories.

6. Check the Log.txt:
This is a valuable tool. Open the Log.txt file located in the main X-Plane directory. It can shed light on potential errors or reasons why certain liveries aren't loading.

Finally, if none of these steps work, it might be a good idea to reach out to the livery creator. Sometimes they are aware of quirks or have updated versions not yet uploaded.

Hope this helps, and if you provide more specific details about the problematic liveries, I could delve deeper. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...