Can my PC run Flight Simulator X?

Guest Guest

Hello 🙂

My system specs are:
Windows XP
1Ghz Pentium 3 Pro
128MB of Ram
Intel extreme Graphics

It does struggle with the 2002 edition, but I'm hoping the FSX edition is improved and will work on my system.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

For christ sakes!

Seriosly?! there is a big topic right at the top of this very page about this...

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/20803/will-my-pc-run-fsx/

At least search or use your eyes!

And to answer your question, NO If your system struggles to run FS 2002 why on earth would you think it would run FSX?

Common sense is your best bet here before asking that kinda question.

Guest Guest

Sorry, but I am a novice at computers 🙂

I was always under the impression that Intels Extreme graphics are the best avaliable.

Pro Member First Officer

You can have the best graphics card going, but if you havn't got the processor and RAM to actually run the program using the graphics, it is as good as a piece of plastic I'm afraid...

Guest Guest

Thanks for the quick reply mattdean 🙂

I was really hoping that Microsoft would have made it playable for older systems. I feel so let down by Microsoft 😞

Pro Member First Officer

Unfortunately for older gamers, FSX has been designed for higher spec systems currently running Windows XP.

It was primarily designed for Windows Vista and Direct X 10 when they are realeased next year, so at the moment, 'perfect' gameplay isn't really 100% perfect on the highest spec systems at the moment.

Most people feel 'let down' by Microsoft, but you have to realise that technology evolves and the system you buy is quite literally out of date a month after you brought it! Annoying fact of life...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...