FSX - adult rating maybe?

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Just a thought,

But i think they should have put a 18 certificate on FSX, no, not because it is extremely violent, graphic, rude etc, but just so that we could limit it to people that at least show a certain level of maturity on here and get rid of all of the "graffix" instead of "graphics" type speach etc.

Hmmmmmm, how the mind wanders

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

Just a thought,

But i think they should have put a 18 certificate on FSX, no, not because it is extremely violent, graphic, rude etc, but just so that we could limit it to people that at least show a certain level of maturity on here and get rid of all of the "graffix" instead of "graphics" type speach etc.

FSX is for everyone, this site should be for minds that are over 16 years.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Micah wrote:

Just a thought,

Good to see I'm not the only one who hates text speak 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Agreed!

I just refuse to respond to any posts that are 'typed lyk dis'. 🙂

NSX Guest

Jsuz talk about a childish post. If one can enjoy the flight experience, let them. If they are childish on forum it's a different matter. But that doesn't mean ripping their right to fly. Now that's childish.....

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

So your saying you mut be 18+ to be mature and type properly? Then 16+ to be at this site? If the reason is becuase of maturtity and childishness I do agree, but there are also mature teenagers. I do understand you though, I find it annoying when there are posts like: 'OMG!!! CODE RED i NEED HELP LIKE NOW!!!!!!' I hate it also then it' somthing stupid but not everybody is immature.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

oh, and did i forget to mention......

CHILL OUT AND TAKE THINGS WITH A PINCH OF SALT!

You get the point of what i said, so enough said

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

I agree with you Micah. I hate to say it but this site has started to become more and more "dumbed" down everyday Crying or Very sad ever since the release of Fsx.

Running Guest

Now for a second I thought this tread might be about the online part of fsx.
Peeps misbehaving and the use of certain term while playing online.
ATC screaming insults at newbie pilots that spawn on the active runway in a 747...

Sadly it's another I don't like people that don't post what I want to read thread 😞

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Not at all,

I have no problem with people posting their thoughts on FSX etc, but you would have to agree that the level of maturity has dipped to an all time low with some of the recent threads.

I encourage free speech and all that, but with a certain level of maturity involved!

Micah 😉

NSX Guest

Running wrote:

ATC screaming insults at newbie pilots that spawn on the active runway in a 747...

Maybe off-topic but I don't understand why some ATC'ers do that. We all where a newbie once, they can just explain what is so annoying about spawning there and request they don't do it again. Newbie learns something and everybody's happy

Guest Guest

I h8 txt speech innit

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Guest wrote:

I h8 txt speech innit

How funny and clever of you to think of such a witty remark like that one.

Pro Member Trainee
Adrian_Wainer Trainee

Micah wrote:

Just a thought,

A pointless post, if you had left FSX and the 18 Cert out of it, I might have agreed with you, in that textspeak can be a pain in the butt and certainly is not necessary with a full qwerty keybord.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I've stayed out of this as long as I could. 😳

The problem is that each new generation is less intelligent than the one before it. It has now reached the point where the current one lacks the skills to actually spell correctly.

Now, if anyone is insulted by that, prove me wrong and spell words as they are meant to be spelled. 😉

Text messaging was a creation of the cell phone industry. It was designed to get millions of witless people constantly sending meaningless gibberish while paying the cell phone companies for the privilege.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Text messaging was a creation of the cell phone industry. It was designed to get millions of witless people constantly sending meaningless gibberish while paying the cell phone companies for the privilege.

One word - Entropy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy

"Things fall apart, the center cannot hold"

😎

CrashGordon wrote:

I agree totally with you...cell phone compaines are a M$ monopoly in the making. Using technology created by the previous intelligent generation to spam the next generation 🙂

Running Guest

Micah:

but you would have to agree that the level of maturity has dipped to an all time low with some of the recent threads.

Well I started looking at these forums since FSX came out...
You could try to blame me 🙂

To continue off topic...
NSX:

Maybe off-topic but I don't understand why some ATC'ers do that. We all where a newbie once, they can just explain what is so annoying about spawning there and request they don't do it again. Newbie learns something and everybody's happy

Call it role playing 😎 image this Real Life scenario:
Your the guy in the tower, a plane is coming in for landing and poof there is an 747 on the runway, magically appearing because a twelf year old (mentally) wishes it so. Now try to calmly explain why this magical event is bad to the responsible entity.

But really the blame is on MS, not spawning there takes effort. You need to know the name of the airport, select a parking spot etc. Server admins could demand planes starting in the air near the tower. Starting in mid air lessens the number of newbies in a 747 on the active runway (well with a working plane that is), but to me it lessens the realism factor too. Still it's the setting I'd recommend.

Guest Guest

yyssw talkin n txt lanquage rly sux. 😂 😂

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Now, if anyone is insulted by that, prove me wrong and spell words as they are meant to be spelled. 😉

MSN messanger has a nack to do the same thing as text messaging (even though I often use MSN to talk to friends) but I agree I find it so annoyingly stupid when people use text such as 'im hvin a prub her wit dis ils ting d nedle wnt sem 2 wrk proply HEP!!!!!!! 😂

not that Im saying its annoying when people ask for help with things like ILS but using text like that just gets on my nerves

I guess ill come back when im 18 then Tongue 😂 (im only 15)

Pro Member Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

MSN messanger has a nack to do the same thing as text messaging (even though I often use MSN to talk to friends) but I agree I find it so annoyingly stupid when people use text such as 'im hvin a prub her wit dis ils ting d nedle wnt sem 2 wrk proply HEP!!!!!!! 😂

not that Im saying its annoying when people ask for help with things like ILS but using text like that just gets on my nerves

EVERYONE SHUD ALSO UNDERSTAND TAHT A LOT OF THES GOES ON B/C KIDS THINK THERE PAERNTS CANT UND3RSTAND WT R SAYNG!111! ANYONE TAHT SI 2 STUPID 2 UND3RSTNAD THES GIBERISH SHUD N3V3R HAEV HAD KIDS IN DA FIRST PLAEC

THIS!!1!11!! SHUD DRIEV TEH MODARA2RS CRAZY!1111 OMG LOL

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

omg lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

ranald wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

EVERYONE SHUD ALSO UNDERSTAND TAHT A LOT OF THES GOES ON B/C KIDS THINK THERE PAERNTS CANT UND3RSTAND WT R SAYNG!111! ANYONE TAHT SI 2 STUPID 2 UND3RSTNAD THES GIBERISH SHUD N3V3R HAEV HAD KIDS IN DA FIRST PLAEC

THIS!!1!11!! SHUD DRIEV TEH MODARA2RS CRAZY!1111 OMG LOL

ur bnd!

Translation Banned

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I agree the joy of flying should be for everyone, not matter their age,,I wish I had a game like this when I was growing up,,so for the guy who originally post this ,,just read the forums, if you want to respond do it, if not, dont,, end of story..

rily wad iu toking bout???

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, at least you didn't type,"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". 😂

Matt001 Guest

"im hvin a prub her wit dis ils ting d nedle wnt sem 2 wrk proply HEP!!!!!!!"

Like Ranald, this sort of 'language' gets on my nerves as well. But then, I might be just showing my age: the first time I read the above example sentence the only parts of it I understood were 'a' and 'ILS'. It took me at least 20 seconds to figure out what the whole sentence meant. Perhaps I need some 'HEP' :wink

What will become of the English language now?
Into the troglodytes' cave we go, down below, down below... (or something like that).

Cheers,

Matt

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...