Bombardier CRJ700 Line up ILS to runway heading

colinm Guest

When coming in for a landing using ILS how do you turn the needle so it's pointing to the runway on your compass. I used to use the OBS knob but I don't see anyway to do that on the CRJ700.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Yeah Colin when it comes to jets ILS gets different. On the CRJ700 ya have PFD's (Primary Flight Display) which as you can probably see holds nearly everything you need, attitude indicator, altimeter, airspeed indicator compass heading etc. In the CRJ700 from what I can remember there is no backup VOR indicator. I can't remember exactly where this happens on the PFD on the CRJ I've been hooked on the A321 for days now lol But yeah, once the ILS frequency is active as usual you will get a localizer needle and glideslope needle (On the A321 it's on the bottom and right side of the attitude indicator.)

Also on the A321 you have to active the localizer and glideslope needles to show, so there may be a button somewhere for that. Please excuse this bity info 😂 So yeah thats basically it, in jets with ILS you don't move an OBS, it does it automatically from my experience of the Boeing 737 and A321, even the CRJ700.

Hope this helps.

~Sno0ze

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

In the jets, you need to dial in the ILS frequency in the Nav1 radio.Switch to Nav..As soon as the receivers start receiving the ILS signals you will see it on the HSI on the right and at the bottom .In case of Boeing 747-400 and 737 there are basically pink diamond shapes appearing at the right and at the bottom...There is no such thing called OBS in case of Jets...I guess I am right..Please correct me if i m wrong..I have no idea about the CRJ but i think it shud work the same way..

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

No you are correct to_coolguys. No OBS in jets. All it is a case of tuning the nav1 radio then transmitting it as you said. Then basically wait to intercept the localizer once it starts to show movement.

~Sno0ze

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

thanks snooze but colinm is your problem solved?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...