Install Interrupted disk 2

Pro Member Trainee
John (Bullitt06) Trainee

Near the end of the install on disk 2 during "Publishing Information" I get this messege: "the wizard was interupted before microsoft flight sim x could be completely installed.the system has not been modified"

I usually close all applications to install a program so I closed Internet Explorer as part of that process so if publishing means FSX is uploading info to the Microsoft site do I need to leave the internet ON? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Well if you say it happens on disc 2 of the installation it's not the activation. Thats after the install and at that point has nothing to do with the FSX install discs. Have you remembered to disable anti-virus? And if you use Windows XP do you have administrative rights?

Pro Member Trainee
John (Bullitt06) Trainee

I believe I have administration rights but will check. I am pretty sure I turned off anti-virus. I will restart in safe mode and see if it finsihes. Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
raven69david Trainee

I had problems while trying to load disc #2 during the installation process. The game would not load the 2nd disc...it would activate the installer again and then crash to error code #1607 ( i believe). It turns out i had either a bad #2 disc or the 2nd disc was actually #1 disc for the Deluxe version. Anyway, i returned the game and have a new version. NOW the 2nd DVD loads up and i can get to the end where i will eventually get the same error message as the OP.

I have admin rights, no anti-virus running and all startup services turned off. I'm further off than i was before, but still not able to get this thing going. HELP! Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
John (Bullitt06) Trainee

I finally got it installed! Not sure what I did right but I did make sure I had anti-virus turned off. I started it in safe mode and got a 1607 so I rebooted it in regualr mode and clicked on the E drive icon and it installed. It could be Vodoo so you might want to sacrifice a chicken or something. Twisted Evil

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...