nooooo one airport is missing in fsx

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I have the standard version and megies is not there I fly to the city in chicago and look at a strip of land where this coll little airport should be but its not is this a glitch that happened im my insalation???

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Running Guest

Problem is caused by the fact that FSX is based on the real world.
Although the airport is still there in Google earth.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Meigs airport does not exist any longer. It is included within flight simulator 9 for nostalgic reasons, it has been the default airport for many years. I wish they would have kept it in FSX for the same reason but I guess they choose not to. On 30 March 03, the Mayor closed the airport in an unannounced midnight raid that cut deep X marks into the runway. The tower personnel as well as the aircraft that were based there were caught by surprise. The city wants the valuable water front property for expensive condominiums. The city of Chicago was fined by the FAA but a great airport was still lost. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

omg I never knew that it was really gone Crying or Very sad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...