Something a little different ...

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Guys -

Well I have finally broken out of the "square" and have attempted something a little less traditional in terms of re-paints.

This is my 737 - 700 dressed up as a Ferrari Racing plane - hope you all enjoy it and I will be interested in your comments on this one 🙂

Well there she is I hope you like her 🙂

Cheers and safe flying

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great paint scheme, I like the color fade on the fuselage. You should upload it to Avsim.

Pro Member Trainee
Flyguy41983 Trainee

I absolutely LOVE this color scheme! Brilliant idea. Keep up the good painting!!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

😳

Superb!!

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Guys -

Sorry I havent repsonded to your posts, it seems as though I am not getting the email notifications about them. Perhaps someone is trying to tell me something 😀

Thankyou all for your comments, as always they are appreciated but please dont be affraid to be critical either - I don't shy away from critisism 🙂

To CRJCapt, I have uploaded this one (along with a few of my other paints) to AVSIM but am not sure how this one will be regarded. There could be some "copy-right" issues perhaps for some of the more "serious" members of the flight sim fraternity.

I also like the color fade - it is a little different and a bit more interesting than the normal straight edge stripes etc. I just think it makes a nice change every now and then.

Once again - thank you to everyone for your comments and I look forward to posting my next paint - another 737 - 700 in Jaguair colors.

Should anyone be interested, my paints can be downloaded from AVSIM

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Another stunning repaint, was that your Southern Airways i saw at Avsim the other day? If so i might have to ask you a little favour 😀 ! Cheeky i know, but i know you can do it! ❓

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

HI Welshflyer -

Thankyou for your comments once again and yes it most likely was my Southern Cross you saw on AVSIM.

As for the favour just ask Welshflyer - I can only say yes or no 🙂
and I'm sure it wont be no !! 🙂

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Wombat457, i've been very very impressed by your repaints and especially the Southern Cross and the Ferrari aircraft you've covered,now for the cheeky part.Living in Wales there seems to be a lack of Air Wales aircraft liveries,now i know they only run some Fokkers(i think) at the moment, and PMDG have a nice fictional livery (i don't use PMDG very much) but i thought it would be awesome to see the Eric Cantu/Kittyhawk 737-200 in the Air Wales livery!

Now no pressure 😀 i just thought you might give it some consideration given your expertise!
And i'm sure many Welsh simmers (there's got to be more than me and TTT) would be very grateful! 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Welshflyer -

Well, I have given this matter some consideration and considering I lived in Wales (Newport) for 12 months and have a soft spot for the Welsh (the ladies anyway 🙂 ) I'd love to give it a go 😀

I cant gaurentee that it will be on the Kittyhawk 737-200, but I will take a look at the textures and see if I can handle them. Failing that would you consider the good old 737-700 if all esle fails ?

You say "my expertise" - I had to smile to myself when I read that, you do realise that I have only been painting planes since the begining of Feb this year don't you - so I am not so sure about my level of expertise. 🙂

Anyway Welshflyer - it will be apleasure to do this for you (and all the Welsh simmers - wherever they may be) You might have to give me a few days though, but it will be done - I promise you that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

wombat457 wrote:

Should anyone be interested, my paints can be downloaded from AVSIM

Way to go Wombat, you're way to modest!

This is the link I'm sure many of us have been looking for.

👍

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Thank you Wombat457, the 700 would be fine, i know you've only been repainting since the beginning of Feb but you seem to have taken to it like a duck to water 😀 !

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

wombat457 wrote:

You say "my expertise" - I had to smile to myself when I read that, you do realise that I have only been painting planes since the begining of Feb this year don't you - so I am not so sure about my level of expertise. 🙂

From the shots it doesn't look like you've been doing it for a month. Awesome work Wombat. I'm very impressed. Good job! 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...