Reverse thrusters

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

Where are they on the 737? Also armed the spoilers, but to no avail. Crying or Very sad F2 does nothing.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Reverse thrust are the two smaller throttle levers on the front side of the Throttle Stack... You have to cut throttle to the main engines, and then pull up on the reverse thrusters (The smaller handles I mentioned) - So when you land, pull back the throttle to idle, and then HOLD F2... dont just push it. The reverse thrust doors will close once you either push them back down, or give it slight throttle on your joystick... so my landing procedure that I use is...

Flaps (Whatever is reccomended for speed and runway length)
Throttle (maintain 140kts in 737)
Spoliers (Armed)
Auto Brakes set to 3

*Cross the runway threshold*
Pull throttle back to idle

*Main gear touch down*
1. Extend Spoilers
2. Once front wheel touches, Pull on reverse thrusters (Hold F2)
3. At 65kts, close reverse thrust doors (Let go of F2, Push up slightly on the joystick throttle, then drop to idle again)
4. At 35kts, retract Spoilers
5. Turn off runway, reduce to 20kts, retract flaps to 5.

Thats about it...

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Instead of pushing the throttle up a little after using reverse thrust, just push F1. That will move the throttle to idle.

So all you have to do is push and hold F2 and then when you are at about 60kts, push F1

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

Thanks, guys. But F2 does nothing. I have vista.

not yet Guest

Splitdog wrote:

Thanks, guys. But F2 does nothing. I have vista.

I have vista too, and I have the same problem, F2 does not work; did you solve that problem it in the meantime ? thanks for reply !

[

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Thank goodness for the X52 FCS.......program a button and that is it..... 😀

Pro Member First Officer

F2 (hold) should work. If its not, have a look in the Control Settings to see if it has been reassigned. You can also use the reverse thrust by going into the throttle quadrant and pulling the throttle lever right down.

anonymouse91 wrote:

F2 (hold) should work. If its not, have a look in the Control Settings to see if it has been reassigned. You can also use the reverse thrust by going into the throttle quadrant and pulling the throttle lever right down.

you are right ! it works ! thanks to all ! by the way, it works with the X52 as well ...... 😀 (maybe I shall become a member of your forum (?)

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

F2 was assigned wrong. But where to put it? No 'reverse thrusters' available. No reverse throttle, etc.

Pro Member First Officer

Splitdog wrote:

F2 was assigned wrong. But where to put it? No 'reverse thrusters' available. No reverse throttle, etc.

Try setting the 'Throttle (decrease quickly)' to F2.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...