FSX exe prob

Austin11 Guest

Hello,Well I havent played FSX for awhile and I got it for my birthday,I wanted to play it more,and it gives me this error when I start the exe,And it wont lemme uninstall it.Someone said to put it in the General Section so people may see it more!And can anybody give me the exe?Please? Crying or Very sad 😂

Answers 32 Answers

Jump to latest
Austin11 Guest

Sorry,forgot to post the pic in my post above:

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Looks a little small when ya click it,read it the best you can cause im sorta new to imageshack 😂

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

Looks a little small when ya click it,read it the best you can cause im sorta new to imageshack 😂

Sorry for quad posting,but if anyone cant read it,here it is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.Reinstalling this application may fix this problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Austin11 wrote:

And it wont lemme uninstall it.

HOW are you trying to uninstall it?

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Just reinstall DIRECTLY in the same folder. It may fix the problem. If not, then it should let you uninstall the program without any hassles.

Austin11 Guest

Im trying to do CD uninstall and Add & Remove Program uninstall but they both wont work cause it says I need windows installer even if I have it.Just I need exe please.Is that so much to ask?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok then, I'll give you the .exe. How do I do that?

Austin11 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

You attach it,find a button,do you need to be a member to download attachments here?Cause im not paying 5$ for just being logged on to a site

Austin11 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

And if that doesnt work,you can send it to me on A.I.M or Xfire...Do you have one of those?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What I want to know is: Where do I get the exe. from?

Austin11 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

Your microsoft flight simulator x folder,am i correct?i know i am cause i can see the exe in it atm, 😂

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Your microsoft flight simulator x folder,am i correct?i know i am cause i can see the exe in it atm, 😂

I just want to get FSX working as soon as possible 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Oh I see what you mean. How did you manage to lose yours?

Austin11 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

I didnt,it was cfg'd incorrectly as shown above.But I need a new one,can ANYBODY send one?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Austin11 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

I didnt,it was cfg'd incorrectly as shown above.But I need a new one,can ANYBODY send one?

How can an .exe file be configured incorrectly?

I guess I still have a lot to learn. Anyway, you refer to: "...as shown above" -- yet what I read above is this: ..the application configuration is incorrect

I think I know what an application is and I think I know what an .exe file is.
Tell me if I'm wrong, but they're entirely different things 🤔

Austin11 Guest

Cant you send a copy of FSX.exe?Cause i need it 🙄

Pro Member Captain

Just use your FSX DVD and INSTALL the program again.......

Unless there is something you are not telling us. ❓

Austin11 Guest

You didnt look in the first page,theres a pic and a translation of the pic since the text was a little too small,didnt you look? 😉 🙄

Pro Member Captain

Yes I did....and I said earlier to just run the install program again. NOW, if your dvd drive took a dump and you can't install the software again, then you may have an issue. You won't get that error unless you try to start the application after its installed. You can even bypass the autoplay function and find your .exe file in your dvd by using the explore function.

Austin11 Guest

Wanna see the pics yourself..If you dont believe me?Here!Then will you give me the .exe? 🙄 And I had windows installer,I installed it and it still wouldnt work,so I deleted it.Any help?

1:

2:

Does that prove my point?

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Wanna see the pics yourself..If you dont believe me?Here!Then will you give me the .exe? 🙄 And I had windows installer,I installed it and it still wouldnt work,so I deleted it.Any help?

1:

2:

Does that prove my point?

Translation for pic 1:Error 1721.There is a problem with windows installer package.A program was required to uninstall this program,could not be run,contact your support participant,or package vendor.

Translation for pic 2:Error -1603.Fatal error during uninstallation.Contact windows installer (msi.chm) or msdn for more information.

Pro Member Captain

Here you go, this should clear that up.....so you should print this out:

1. Start your computer in Safe mode. To do this, follow these steps: a. Restart the computer.
b. After the BIOS information is displayed, press F8.
c. Use the DOWN ARROW key to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
d. Use the UP ARROW key and the DOWN ARROW key to select your computer, and then press ENTER.

2. Log on to the computer as local administrator.
3. Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
4. At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
7. Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs.

After you do that, then do this:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type sfc /purgecache, and then press ENTER.

Note You may be prompted to provide Windows installation source files when you run the sfc /purgecache command. If the command is completed successfully, you will receive the following message:
Windows File Protection successfully made the requested change.
3. At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER.

Note This command may take several minutes to finish. You may also be prompted to provide Windows installation source files when you run the sfc /scannow command.
4. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
5. Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs.

You may not have to do the second part if you are able to uninstall the program. This is only necessary if the previous operation did not work!!!

Pro Member Captain

Austin11 wrote:

Translation for pic 2:Error -1603.Fatal error during uninstallation.Contact windows installer (msi.chm) or msdn for more information.

Here is your fix for this one. This happened because you need to increase the amount of space in your hard drive that is needed to install FSX:

Error 1603 is a generic machine-specific issue. One or more of the following fixes may resolve the error.

This error is known to occur on computers that do not have enough disk space for the installation. To increase your hard disk space, follow the instructions in http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108409
The Temp directory is not clean. To clean the Temp directory, follow the instructions in http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108334.
A certain file on the machine is locked. To fix this:
1. http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108377.
2. Reboot your computer.
3. Run the installation again.
If you are using Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, or NT, the Windows Installer Service may not be properly installed on the machine. Update the system with the latest Windows Installer Service by following the instructions in http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108201?
On Windows NT, 2000, or XP, make sure you have administrative privileges. To confirm you have administrative privileges, follow the instructions in http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108379.
Use Microsoft’s Windows Installer Cleanup utility to remove traces of previous installations. This utility does not remove files installed by the installation, which may need to be removed manually. For more information, refer to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 .

These should help you out. If not, then no one here can help you.....

Austin11 Guest

17.5gb on my C:,whats wrong?Isnt that enough?

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

And half of my C: drive is FSX,the totall amount of space in my C: drive can be 72.something gigs,and this is my family comp,i already fked it up once.I followed a few of these

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

And half of my C: drive is FSX,the totall amount of space in my C: drive can be 72.something gigs,and this is my family comp,i already fked it up once.I followed a few of these

AND Half of those links dont display anything,just a back button,which doesnt do anything

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

AND Half of those links dont display anything,just a back button,which doesnt do anything

I dont wanna uninstall it,I did half of the missions in FSX,and the main problem is the exe.Can i have yours? 😕

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

I dont wanna uninstall it,I did half of the missions in FSX,and the main problem is the exe.Can i have yours? 😕

News:Im doing that disk cleanup stuff and got from 17.5 gb to 20.4,ill will report the amount of gigs when its done

Austin

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

Austin11 wrote:

News:Im doing that disk cleanup stuff and got from 17.5 gb to 20.4,ill will report the amount of gigs when its done

Austin

21.4 gb on C:,now can ANYBODY,ANYBODY give me the exe? Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain

DID YOU DO THIS AT ALL?

GundamWZero wrote:

Here you go, this should clear that up.....so you should print this out:

1. Start your computer in Safe mode. To do this, follow these steps: a. Restart the computer.
b. After the BIOS information is displayed, press F8.
c. Use the DOWN ARROW key to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
d. Use the UP ARROW key and the DOWN ARROW key to select your computer, and then press ENTER.

2. Log on to the computer as local administrator.
3. Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
4. At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
7. Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs.

After you do that, then do this:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type sfc /purgecache, and then press ENTER.

Note You may be prompted to provide Windows installation source files when you run the sfc /purgecache command. If the command is completed successfully, you will receive the following message:
Windows File Protection successfully made the requested change.
3. At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER.

Note This command may take several minutes to finish. You may also be prompted to provide Windows installation source files when you run the sfc /scannow command.
4. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
5. Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs.

You may not have to do the second part if you are able to uninstall the program. This is only necessary if the previous operation did not work!!!

The .exe file will not work because it has a unique password for each DVD that is made (hence why you must put in the installation activation key before it installs). If I sent you a .exe file for FSX then you will need my installation activation key too. That will screw me up too if I ever have to reinstall FSX. You should have googled your error code to help you with this problem...... because this is what I did to find your problem. The links work: they tie in the the Microsoft Support Center and the Installshield Troubleshooting Center.

BTW FSX requires 15gb of free storage to install and run correctly; guess you might have to get rid of Limewire....... 😎 😂

Austin11 Guest

Its my sisters,she'll get pissed cause all of her songs just got delete,so i wouldnt 😛

Austin11 Guest

Austin11 wrote:

Its my sisters,she'll get pissed cause all of her songs just got delete,so i wouldnt 😛

I got my own CD-key,but wheres the exe? Wall Bashing Baby

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...