Archiving fsx_sp1_ENU.exe problem

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

After downloading FSX Service Pack 1, My 1st action was to attempt to copy it onto a CD using winXp "send to" drive D. That didn't work, Got a "fsx_sp1_ENU.exe contains extra info attached to it that might to lost" [Retry or cancil]. Tried Windows explorer copy/paste, same result. I archive everything I download, I'm proud of my file and records sytem. Like the man said; "You didn't accomplish a thing until it's recorded". Has anyone backed Sp1 off onto a CD? Maybe burn a mirror image?

Addendium edit

Starting FSX right after installing SP1 crashed winXp (reset) . Probably the Sp install needs a reset.
SP1 install resulated in a lot of fragmented files, Disk Cleanup and Defrag fixed that.
1 of 4 of my saved flights causes FSX to restart. no big deal, other saved flights work fine.
The bird dog( https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1427/fsx-cessna-l-19d-o-1d-model-305c-bird-dog-military/ ) survived Sp-1 installation and works better than before. 😀
ATC audio isn't on when the radio is turned off. 🙂
The engines in the Maule and birddog quit in the high res 3-D view after starting unless you crack the throttle open first. 😕
I see 25-35 FPS, cpu usage spikes to 98% whereas before it never climbed above 50%-60%, resource (memory) usage is the same around 1mb on winXp platform. 😂
At these settings:
GRAPHICS
Target frame rate: Unlimited
Full screen res: 1680x1050x16
Filtering: Trilinear
Anti-aliasing: on
Global texture resolution: High
Lens flare: off
Light bloom: off
Advanced animations: on
Informational text: Continuous
AIRCRAFT
Default cockpit view: 3-D virtual cockpit
Show cockpit ToolTips: off
High-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit: on
2-D panel transparency: 0%
Aircraft cast shadows: on
Aircraft casts shadows on itself: off
Aircraft landing-lights illuminate ground: off
SCENERY
Level of detail radius: Medium
Mesh complexity: 51
Mesh resolution: 19m
Texture resolution: 2m
Water effects: None
Land detail textures: on
Scenery complexity: Extremely dense
Autogen density: Extremely dense
Ground scenery shadows: off
Special effects detail: Medium
WEATHER
Cloud draw distanse: 60mi / 96km
Thermal visualization: None
Simple clouds: on
Download winds aloft data with real-world weather: off
Disable turbulence and thermal effects on aircraft: off
Rate at which weather changes: Medium
TRAFFIC
Airline traffic density: 100%
General aviation traffic density: 100%
Airport vehicle density: Maximum
Road vehicles: 100%
Ships and ferries: 0%
Leasure boats: 0%
Show aircraft labels: off

With this computer:

Intel DP965LT ATX mainboard (P965express chipset)
Intel onboard Azalia sound & 82566c LAN
intel Core2Duo E6600@2.4ghz
Generic intel approved thermally advantaged ATX case
Thermaltake 775D copperbase heatpipe cpu cooling fan
Corsair 2x1gb duel channel DDR2@800mhz note#1
Gigabyte nVida 8800GTX w/768mb DDR3
Memorex DVD-CD R+RW drive
Western Digital 1600YS SATA hardrive
Antec NeoHe 500watt power supply
Samsung 215TW 21" widescreen (1680x1050) DVI LCD
Samsung CX213TW 13" (800x600) DVI LCD
winXp SP2

note#1 Corsair recommends DDR2@667mhz for this mainboard, but intel says max of 2gb of DDR2@800mhz IF timing is 5-5-5-15.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
dbulldog Trainee

Simply right click on the file and choose 'Properties'. Then click the 'Unblock' button. You should be able to copy now.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Sucessfully unblocked the file, but same problem as before. winXp won't send it to D: drive.
BECAUSE I AM TOO STUPID to know there is a difference between a blank data and DVD disk!!! When I put the right CD in the drive it copied fine. I'm goin back to hoein weeds for a while.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

oldsamer wrote:

Sucessfully unblocked the file, but same problem as before. winXp won't send it to D: drive.
BECAUSE I AM TOO STUPID to know there is a difference between a blank data and DVD disk!!! When I put the right CD in the drive it copied fine. I'm goin back to hoein weeds for a while.

Oldsamer FWIW do NOT use the "Send To..." command. In fact, NEVER use it; files do get lost if you do. This function is absolutely useless and causes nothing but problems.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...