how to display frames per second

Damoun.h. Guest

I am running my flight sim x on vista, and the 3rd party program that i used to view fps does not work on vista. Does fligth sim x have its own fps display?

and if so, how can i use it?

Thanks,
Damoun.H.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Shift + z

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Is correct but shft + z twice will get you other data and a third shift z will clear it. It does matter if it is Vista or not as long as FSX or FS9 will run it is all the same.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Okay check it...... ❗

I ran FSX with almost the default settings: I replaced the Ultralight with my favorite...... the British Airways Airbus A380-800. So it was that trying to land at Friday Harbor, which is impossible for that plane.

I hit Shift+Z twice to get my frame rate and guess what?

24 fps is freaking fast!!! 😳 Yes, the fps did fluctuate, but never sank below 18 fps and the plane handled smoothly, with no choppiness and lagging. So I decided to take it up a notch and take off and land somewhere a little more crowded, say like Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. 😎

The one that has Interstate 5 going right along side it!!!! Oh yeah I forgot....the freeway stays packed!!

Frame rate dropped to between 8 and 15 fps....and the aircraft hauled ass down the runway!!!! No lag. No stutter. I got it further airborne and watched the fps climb up to 24 fps.... the target goal, and turned it around for landing. When I landed (and it was fast and hard), the frame rate was at 10 fps!!!! 😳 My current settings are at 60% overall on Ultra High!!!

Goes to show what tweaking can do......... 😀

Damoun.h. Guest

thanks everyone!!!

wow i had everything on customly put on high, with best filtering and anti-ailiasing and it was going 30-40fps.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...