Easy AI

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

I'm trying to use Easy AI by Garrett Hardesty which I downloaded from Avsim I think but I'm having trouble with it. Hack

It says the program is "a simple way to add simple flight plans to Flight Sim 2004".. but not for anyone called Sylvan.

The help file states
1. Decompile Traffic.bgl using TTools............done
2. Open airports.txt file...............done
3. Open aircraft.txt file................done
4. Select desired dep and Dest airports.......done
5. Select aircraft you wish to see as AI.........done
6. Select trip duration (leaving enough time for A/C and distance).....done
7. Select if IFR or VFR...........done
8. Enter dep time and ret time..............done
9. Enter call sign, flight level and AI percentage.............done

I tried to make a "simple" flightplan as follows
EGCC to EGLL departing at 07:00 and returning at 16:00. At FL100 using IFR (as I believe using VFR causes problems). Enough time for aircraft and distance and I selected one of my downloaded PAI aircraft to do the run.

I have followed the Help Me to the letter but my flight plans just don't get going. The only thing I can think of is I may be having a problem with TTools as in the Source Files I have two Airport.txt files, one for PAI (Airports_PAI.txt) and the other (Airports_2004.txt). When I Decompile, although I have quite a few .bgl files in there, I always decompile from the PAI Traffic file (is this right?).

Anyone used this program before or understand what I'm rambling on about?

Any help appreciated

BTW I have no help me file in TTools

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 You are not alone with this one
I never could figure out TTools Wall Bashing

I did find an alternative which used TTools,but it did it all for you...........but now I have T2004 and have forgot what it was Doh! Oops!

I have looked here ➡

And they all ring bells with me as I must have tried most of them(or was it with fs2002? Dont Know )
I will keep thinking,but have a nose around on the above

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Group Wave Group Wave

I've done it 😀 😀

Thanks to TTT for the link above 🍻 A few links from there I found a tutorial for building flightplans http://www.john-goodwin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

The only mistake I was doing was leaving the a/c over 4 hours on the ground, if you do this the plan doesn't work.

My first flightplan leaves Liverpool UK for the short hop to Manchester using default Be350. To make sure it worked I followed it in a Citation.

If anyone is thinking of building there own plans then with the above tutorial it is fairly easy...even for a PC prat like me.

Thanks to John Goodwin and TTT

Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave

sylvan wrote:

I'm trying to use Easy AI by Garrett Hardesty which I downloaded from Avsim I think but I'm having trouble with it. Hack

It says the program is "a simple way to add simple flight plans to Flight Sim 2004".. but not for anyone called Sylvan.

The help file states
1. Decompile Traffic.bgl using TTools............done
2. Open airports.txt file...............done
3. Open aircraft.txt file................done
4. Select desired dep and Dest airports.......done
5. Select aircraft you wish to see as AI.........done
6. Select trip duration (leaving enough time for A/C and distance).....done
7. Select if IFR or VFR...........done
8. Enter dep time and ret time..............done
9. Enter call sign, flight level and AI percentage.............done

I tried to make a "simple" flightplan as follows
EGCC to EGLL departing at 07:00 and returning at 16:00. At FL100 using IFR (as I believe using VFR causes problems). Enough time for aircraft and distance and I selected one of my downloaded PAI aircraft to do the run.

I have followed the Help Me to the letter but my flight plans just don't get going. The only thing I can think of is I may be having a problem with TTools as in the Source Files I have two Airport.txt files, one for PAI (Airports_PAI.txt) and the other (Airports_2004.txt). When I Decompile, although I have quite a few .bgl files in there, I always decompile from the PAI Traffic file (is this right?).

Anyone used this program before or understand what I'm rambling on about?

Any help appreciated

BTW I have no help me file in TTools

There is a newer version there. I am not sure how these sites got the old version spread around but anyway, the new(er) version works much better

garrett Guest

also, there is a Q&A there that will help out too. It also links to a tutorial on how flight plans work.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Thanks Garrett.....I wasn't having a go or anything I was just a little frustrated with myself.

It's a great program thanks for sharing with the community 😀

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I also have experimented w/ TTools but found it to be a somewhat cryptic operation. I am sure TTools is good as it is widely used and referenced but I have removed it from my current FS9 config. I could d/l flight plans galore but the AI A/C list never grew beyond 59 total.

JCFH Guest

There is a program downloadable from www.flightsim.com called Traffic Manager vs.1.0. This is the best installer of AI traffic plans available. You need to instal a Microsoft download to make it work.

OK!!

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

JCFH,

Which 'Microsoft download' are you refering to?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hey,
When I first started flying I signed up with this guy to beta-test that software. I never did do it and had forgotten until I saw this post.

Radar

madness Guest

Hey guys just wondered if anyone could tell which part of the aircraft.cfg file i need to copy and to where in which aircraft.txt file ,not sure what the instructions mean.Excuse my ignorance im new to this AI stuff.Cheers Liam. 😀 😀Sorry meant to point out i mean this for simple AI by Garret Hardesty.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

It should be the Title of the cfg i.e whats in red

[fltsim.0]
title=PAI JS31 Air Andaman
sim=PAIJS31V6
model=
texture=Air Andaman
ui_manufacturer=Project AI
ui_variation=BAe
ui_type=Jetstream31
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_airline=Air Andaman
atc_parking_codes=
atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_heavy=0

Have a read of this link, it will help you understand more about it

http://www.john-goodwin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page4frame.html

Hope it helps

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...