I was wondering, when an aircraft is hooked up to the cables (when being pushed back) and talks to the ground crew how does the crew communicate. Is there a special button to push just to speak to them like a pilot speaks to ATC?
Just wondering,
Brandon
1 Answers
Flyguy41983 wrote:
I was wondering, when an aircraft is hooked up to the cables (when being pushed back) and talks to the ground crew how does the crew communicate. Is there a special button to push just to speak to them like a pilot speaks to ATC?
The cable is actually a tow bar and the tug driver plugs in a headset to a ground communication receptacle near the nose of the aircraft. This connects them to the intercom system so that they can communicate with the captain. The first officer can also communicate but the captain normally communicates with the driver.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
GeneralHow do you fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight?Fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight: tune NAV1, intercept correctly, use APPR, fix capture…Read answer →DCS WorldHow do I set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS in DCS World?Set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS profile in DCS World with correct axes, button mapping, tuning…Read answer →MSFSHow do I fly an ILS approach in the Fenix A320 for MSFS?Fly a Fenix A320 ILS approach in MSFS: MCDU setup, ILS tuning, LOC/GS capture, FMA checks…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020?Download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020, check aircraft compatibility, install them correctly and…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain