Not happy with fspassenger copilot.

Guest1 Guest

I was doing a fspassenger online flight in a 747, coming in for an ILS approach. Everything was all going good, runway clear etc etc.

Then when 300 feet of the ground suddenly my copilot says, aborting landing, going around. Next second he nails my plane to full throttle and lifts the nose up, and for the next 10 seconds leaves me no throttle control, or plane control. I thought it a bit strange but thought ahh well, so i went around, and come again in for an ILS approach, this time i made sure all AP buttons were of, and sure enough 300 feet of the ground the same thing happens.

Then it was really getting annoying, so i selected another runway, and did a manuel approach without AP, or ILS. Sure enough 300 feet of the ground he says, going around, grabs the throttle, brings the nose in the air and boots it.

Now i was getting mad, so i went around again, manual approach, then when was 500 feet of the ground i cut the eninge. At about 300 feet the copilot tried nailing it, but it did nothing, and for some strange reason this time i had plane control. It made for a very hard -700 feet landing tho, cos as soon as engines started whining down the plane pretty much just dropped.

Anyway theres my rant, made 1.8mil from the flight, but had to pay 2mil to fix my landing gear, so im in the red $200 grand cos of that flight, all because of my damn copilot. Wall Bashing

Anyone had this happen to them before?

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

HMMMM
I've had the Co-pilot shame me for the hard landing, but that's the first i've heard of the co-pilot taking over the controls. Are you sure FS passengers had anything to do with it?

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I've been poking around and I can't find any settings that would allow any crew to do anything other than give warnings. I am wondering if it isn't something with the plane you are flying.
Like I said, Iv'e just been poking around, so I could have missed it somewhere.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Guest1 wrote:

Anyone had this happen to them before?

Not when I was sober. 😳

Guest1 Guest

Yeah i thought it was really strange. I am pretty sure it was the Fspassenger copilot, because after he announced that he was aborting the landing and activating go around (like what the heck, im flying not him!!) the air hostess said over the system, "Ladies and gentleman the captain is aborting the landing and going around" or something like that.

It was just the standard 747 i was flying. But yeah.. was very annoying.

Pro Member Chief Captain

You'd have no objection if I quoted what you've said on the fspassengers forum would you?

Guest1 Guest

Nope no objection at all 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain

That's good, because I already did. Answer will be posted soon...I hope.

Guest1 Guest

Ok i read it 😀

But i will tell you now that i was not telling a fib. I was doing it online on the fsimcafe server, and there was about 5 people at the airport where i was, with one approaching 2nm behind me, and they all saw it happen.

I should have made a video or something of it, if it happens again i will.

Guest1 Guest

I know this doesnt help much, as it doesnt show go arounds on the flight report, but here it is.

The flight should only have been a 30minute flight, except because of the 3 go arounds forced by the copilot, it took a lot longer than that. (turning a 747 around on a go around to line up the approach takes a while)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flight ID: MK320
Pilot: Brad
Company: Australian Travel
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400 Paint2
Flight Date: January 17 2006
Departure: 08h03 (08h03 GMT)
Arrival: 10h25 (09h25 GMT)
To: EHAM - Schiphol - Netherlands
Nbr of Passengers: 365

Report:

Flight Distance: 198 Nm Landing Speed: 154.90 kt
Time Airborne: 01h16:29 Landing Touchdown: -739.23 ft/m
Flight Time (block): 01h23:04 Landing Pitch: 6.19°
Time On Ground: 00h07:18 Landing Weight: 743575 lbs
Average Speed: 156.05 kt Total Fuel Used: 48199 lbs
Max. Altitude: FL 180 Fuel Not Used: 273282 lbs
Climb Time: 00h09:10 Climb Fuel Used: 12289 lbs
Cruise Time: 00h13:18 Cruise Fuel Used: 3410 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 466.33 kt (M0.73) Cruise fuel/hour: 15384 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h54:01 Descent Fuel Used: 32499 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Very good flight, professionally done (93%)
-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.
-Wonder if they landed or if they crashed (hard landing).

Financial Report:

Ticket Income: +$51,036 (198 Nm)
Cargo Income: +$7,524 (14998 lbs)
Services Income: +$0 (0 sandwich 0 hot food 0 drink)
Services Cost: -$0 (100% quality)
Fuel Cost: -$18,314 (48199 lbs Jet-A1)
Airport Taxes: -$1,124 (Heavy Aircraft)
Insurance Costs: -$2,529 (4.32% rate)
Total Real Income: $36,593
Total Income: $1,829,650 (real x50)
Fleet Bonus: $12,322 (10 aircraft)
Total Sim Income: $1,841,972 (total income+fleet bonus)

Company Reputation:

Considering that the flight was very good,the tickets price low,passengers on this flight think that your company's reputation should be 93%
Your company reputation is now: 97% (-0.49 decrease)

Overall Flight Result: Poor

Pilot Bonus points: 80 points
You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)
Very bad weather conditions during take-off, but a safe landing and satisfied passengers. (+50)

Pilot's Penalty points: -470 points
You made a very hard landing at -739 ft/mn and the tires sustained damage. (-400)
Parking brake should only be used when that aircraft has stopped, you used it at speed of 10 kt your aircraft was damaged. (-70)

Pro Member Chief Captain

The latest response there is below. I'm waiting for one of the developers to weigh in on this. BTW, what other addons do you have?

This is impossible. The FsP copilot has no mechanisms to control aircraft by any means. It can only talk ans set radios/navs e.t.c. on
command. Nothing more. So no way for such a behaviour.
If this story is true than that could be a work of some other addon or wery advanced plane model.
People sometimes has a hundred addons instaled and do not really can figue out which one has the issue.

Guest1 Guest

I dont really have any other addons apart from fsnav, and the VOZ australia land package, and it was a standard 747 (world travel airlines model.)

Dansteph is a developer, and hes giving the reply it couldnt happen because he coded it.

But write this the following on fspassenger forums...

The thing that makes me think its fspassengers, is because it seemed to be directly linked to it, in the sense of, after the copilot announced the go around, the air hostess said over the intercom thing, something to the effect of, ladys and gentleman the captain is aborting the landing and is going around (not exact words, but something to that effect)

I really do wish i had recorded it. I am going to try redo the exact flight, with the same plane, and see if i can get it happening again, then i will record it.

Guest1 Guest

BTW i have done about 60 recorded fspassenger flights, and have seen nothing like this before either. I even did a search on fspasssenger forums before writing it here. Indeed it is strange.

Pro Member Chief Captain

My guess now is that an accidental keystroke or button push initiated TOGA and the FSP copilot and cabin crew responded as programmed.

The only other thing I can think of is that there was some glitch in the online session that triggered it.

Either way, FSP reacted to the condition rather than caused it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I agree with Crash
The only time I have heard the announcment was when I hit the TOGA button

Gents,

destination was 'To: EHAM - Schiphol - Netherlands ' which is below sealevel.

If memory serves wel, some planes do have a problem with an approach on this airport ... it was on another forum (can't remember which) but there were a lot of people complaining about it ... Never had the problem myself

Cheers
Grumpy

Pro Member Trainee
wimasupa Trainee

Hey! boys,girls?

Have you Ai traffic! that played from automatic?????
Send my thad! patrick@nostatech.nl

Sorry!

I have this not! 😂

CrashGordon wrote:

My guess now is that an accidental keystroke or button push initiated TOGA and the FSP copilot and cabin crew responded as programmed.

I have one of these Saitek joysticks, they are amazing, I love it. However there are so many programmable functions that I have had unwanted surprises on occation while flying. A thorough investigation of my joystick assignments usually reveales the problem to be my oversight.

Like I said this joystick is amazing, about 256 assignments can be made and those can be single keys, macros, special key assignments, etc... So it's easy to get something inadvertantly going wrong sometimes.

check it out: http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm

Not sure if this is the source of your problems or not, but you might want to pear your joystick assignments down to the bare basics and see if the problem persists.

You maybe had too much fuel 🙂 Once copilot made some goarounds when I had too mucg fuel.

I know this post is really old, but I have had that problem with the default MS Airbus. I dont have any other mods, and Im curious if anyone ever really figured out what caused it?

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

The post may be old but it is FASCINATING!
I don't fly the big stuff but I have lots of experience.
Someone mentioned "below sea level" and another said "too much fuel". Either could be a cause and I would be especially curious about the "too much fuel" idea.
Are you able to duplicate the phenomenon and thus start eliminating things?
Have you figured it out yet?
Pete
Full of wonder! 😕

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

Also, when you're in multiplayer, is there ANY possibility that someone else, one of the "multis", is somehow getting control of your aircraft?
Pete, still wondering.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...