Certificates and Awards

wazsxr Guest

G'day,
I'm just wondering how (if at all possible) to reset all of the awards and certificates. Why you may ask? Basically my house mate has gotten very board of playing this game and says he doesn't mind if I play it now on the computer. He has already racked up some certs. and awards, I would like to start from a clean slate, is this possible? Cheers

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

re install game.

wazsxr Guest

No worries, so that's the only way? I was hoping for a reg edit or a .cfg file.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you have corrupted files you can delete them then
from the installation DVD's, use the repair function and they should be
replaced.

Might work, let us know how you do.

Radar

wazsxr Guest

No worries, I will fill you in as to how it goes. Just need to know which file holds these awards and certificate status?

have you tried deleting the log book?

wazsxr Guest

Yep, That was the first thing I tried. I did delete all the log book entries but not the awards.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

i have been wondering this very thing myself. if you come to a successful conclusion, please share, ok?

😀

look under:

c:\program files\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x\rewards\

there are 2 files:

mission rewards.rwd
dandbox rewards.rwd

wazsxr Guest

Yeah, even tried renaming those files with no luck. If anyone can contribute any other ideas please do. I will make sure I share any success that I have.

I haven't tried this, but if FSX was installed for all users (normally the case with most software), try creating a new Win logon ID for yourself and launching the game from that ID. I'm guessing that the personal profile settings (saved games, rewards, etc) are maintained on a per-person basis, given where they are stored.

Pro Member Trainee
bigbill35 Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

I haven't tried this, but if FSX was installed for all users (normally the case with most software), try creating a new Win logon ID for yourself and launching the game from that ID. I'm guessing that the personal profile settings (saved games, rewards, etc) are maintained on a per-person basis, given where they are stored.

The FSX files are stored under the user's profile in WinXP, in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

I found this while taking a backup of my storage drive. The logbook and settings config files, etc. are all located there. If you remove these files or move them to another location, then FSX starts with a clean slate. The rewards files are located in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Rewards

Either backup his files and remove them from the directories I listed, or install FSX under your profile, assuming you have admin priviledges.

Hope this helps and answers your question!

Bill

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...