Civil Air Patrol Search Mission

brando09 Guest

Has anyone completed the Civil Air Patrol Mission in FSX? I cannot seem to get my aircraft (Maule) to climb to enough altitude to navigate around the mountains and valleys. I get to the first checkpoint (turn point 1) and after the other plane reports its fuel contamination problem I don't get much further than that without going into a stall and not getting to the next turn point in the search.
Any help would be great!

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest

try circling for height?

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I acutally almost passed but the reason I failed was that my co pilot saw a flare and we were supposed to go down but I was eating pizza so I must of missed it. So I dont really know how you dont have enough fuel because I always have plenty.

there is a small gap on the mountain ridge.

i am not sure if you would do that in real life, but i went for it and i got through.

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

the real tricky part is landing to pick the guy up - made the Denali high camp one seem easy.

brando09 Guest

I just cant get above 7000ft. the engine starts to run poorly even when i lean or rich the mixture... On the Denali Mission, the plane climbed well to above 9,000.

Is perhaps staying in the valleys is the right idea? below 7,000??

rowcoach wrote:

the real tricky part is landing to pick the guy up - made the Denali high camp one seem easy.

you landed to pick up the guy ???

I did not do that. No way would I do that in real life.

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

it took a few tries and I nailed more than a few trees along the way. No, definitely something I wouldn't try in real life. The little ambulance lights you see as you fly back in for a landing at the airport was a nice touch.

simflyerr Guest

did you get an extra medal?

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

you mean to tell me you get the same CAP medal even if you don't pick the guy up?

I finished the mission my first try. The hard part was the landing because there was this black box around it, it also happened in loopy larry around the airport. I downloaded some thing off the fsinsider site(some sort of photo thing) but still does not work. Any1 know how to fix this?

brando09 wrote:

I just cant get above 7000ft. the engine starts to run poorly even when i lean or rich the mixture... On the Denali Mission, the plane climbed well to above 9,000.

Is perhaps staying in the valleys is the right idea? below 7,000??

In the 2D cockpit, just above the switches there is a handle that says "alternative air" or something to this effect. Use the mouse to turn it. This activated the air boost and the power is up to normal again, so you can climb to the required height.

Crint92 Guest

you get a badge for finding the climber, but there is a special gold medal for rescuing the stranded mountain climber

The Gaming pilot Guest

]

you landed to pick up the guy ???

I did not do that. No way would I do that in real life.

Yeah C.A.P wouldn't but its fsx and I flew through the valley and to land to get the guy I basically stalled 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...