Saving Views on Multiple Monitors

Pro Member Trainee
richardgrosser Trainee

I have converted an OV-1 Mohawk cockpit into a simulator using FSX. Everything works great. There are two screens; one is a standard SIM screen box with a large Fresnel lens for the outside view and the other is a glass cockpit LCD set into the instrument panel (to display the instruments). My only problem is that every time that I start up the system I have to re-create the screen view setup. There must be some way to save these settings as part of the default flight. Does anyone know how to do this or do I have to write code. I will give anyone with a solution a free museum pass and a ride in the simulator.

Richard C. Grosser
Palm Springs Air Museum
www.PalmSpringsAirMuseum.org

Please reply to richard@PalmSpringsAirMuseum.org

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Humm,,
I run FSX on 2 DVI LCDs driven by a 8800GTX vid card under winXp.

FSX uses winXp multiple monitor feature, which means the Nvida vid card has to recognize seperate monitors ie; [1] and [2]. I've defined the [2] monitor as a horizontal extension of [1].
Then with in FSX I open additional view windows such as other views, radio stack, etc. Grab the additional window and mouse it over to the extension window.
If I save the setup and exit FSX the same views are on monitor [2] the next time I start FSX and load that mission.

Tell us a little more about your system setup and how you are using it, particulary the operating system and how you have definded your second monitor (the glass cockpit LCD).

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know if this will help or not.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...