Longest Flight

Smailey112 Guest

Hi, just got the idea, of hearing how far people have been flying on FSX...

My record is Houston (KIAH) to Amsterdam (EHAM) that took me 10 hours and 30 min...

Lets see how far people acctually have gone😛

And people, dont lie😀

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

My record is only London Heathrow (EGLL) to Stockholm Arlanda (ESSA)
I'm aiming to do a transatlantic flight soon...

(^ I tried London to New York once but gave up after crossing Ireland Embarassed )

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

I went from Heathrow to New York, such a long flight, I did use time compression though. I don't know how any pilot could suffer those sorts of routes every week. I stopped the time compression before I hit the coast of New York, landed and taxi'd etc. I only turned time compression on when I was over the North Atlantic, so I went maybe a quarter of the way without using it. During that time I looked out the window... and some more.. checked my intruments... checked the gps.. and again... and again.. and again! Then I though, screw it and turned time compression on 😀

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

mine was area 51 to bagdad in the b-52

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Just to make your long flights more interesting you should do all your calculations manually and navigate manually rather than using a Flight Plan ---- with the line on the GPS --- BOOOORING ---- YAWN *^?...

Given the Longs and Latts of your T.O. and destination airports you can work out the distance in Nautical miles. Download real weather, then check winds aloft in User-defined, so you can calculate 🙄 your fuel needs. (Cut it fine just to make it more interesting Mad ❗ )

Also given the longs and latts you can work out the direction true. Use Main Field Declination as you proceed to keep on direction magnetic.

IT'S FUN THAT WAY. 😉

If you have not got a magnetic deviation chart you can download an A4 sized one for free from the internet - just search engine "Main Field Declination"

For those who are interested in some examples of how to manually calculate dist and direction , just ask and I'll post some later.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

From the other end of the experience spectrum.

I guesstimate the bearing to destination, get on that base bearing and use air sectionals, road maps, and geo surveys to learn about what I'm flying over.

I've put a second monitor on the vid card and tried additional FSX game views as secondary, but didn't see a great enhancement to the game. Now I use the second monitor to search the web about localities I'm passing over. In the US most counties, cities and towns have web sites full of interesting info.

Since I'm putting along in a cub without autopilot, just trimed for level flight at 800 AGL and using real weather I never know when I'll experience "bumpy" air while surfing the net! So far I've been impressed with how often the game terrain matches the actual world.

Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

I once flew from egnt and back.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

Seattle-Tacoma (KSEA) to LAX. Moved the flight path westward to be over the water so I could check out the coastline during the flight.

mdaskalos

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

My longest flight ever was VNKT to ZWWW.Flying 747-400 over the Himalayas mountain.expedite your climb to 29000ft'

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

shirke01 wrote:

My longest flight ever was VNKT to ZWWW.Flying 747-400 over the Himalayas mountain.expedite your climb to 29000ft'

Fear 29000ft sounds like hedgehopping in that part of the world. Distance of 978nm -- you'd have to start going into a dive as soon as you've reached altitude. I take it you weren't carrying pax and none of the crew were married or had children 🙂)

Pro Member Trainee
gateberg Trainee

My longest flight was KSFO to CYOW. Had some trouble on final but very rewarding once I finally touched down 😎

btw 1st post, Hi all 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

Tailhook,
I flew at about 465KIS and hedgehopping at about 1000 feet above the ground when i landed. Surprised

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

gateberg wrote:

btw 1st post, Hi all 🍻

Welcome gateberg!

Have another one 🍻 -or two 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

shirke01 wrote:

I flew at about 465KIS and hedgehopping at about 1000 feet above the ground when i landed.

Fear WOW!! Maybe you should get into combat flightsims and look for Kamikaze missions 🤔

😀

shadowcheese1 Guest

well my longest flight was at start from manchester egcc to florida in a 747. but now i have just completed after a week of flying a round the world flight starting at manchestr and finnishing there in a 737 having to stop for fuil every so often. i did say around 2-3-4 hours of flight each day. or mayvbe i did twice that sometimes and some friends joined me parts of the way. fun.

Pro Member Trainee
benbastock Trainee

i went heathrow to kingston jamaica took 9hours

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

Seattle to Heathrow 747 - time compression and save, fly, save, land. Flew it set to August. Watched the never setting sun out my port window.

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

My longest flight's have been from EGXW to KNZY using a flight plan that took me over the North sea and up the Swedish coast, over Finland and then across Russia. Down the Alaskan coast over Canada and down the US West coast to land at KNZY. I did cheat a bit by leaving it flying over night then i landed after checking the map and seeing a HUGE circle around the airfield it must have been circling for hours.

I also did a Direct Flight from Heathrow to Brisbane using a rough bearing then once i got up to 25000ft I jammed on the AP altimeter hold and the AP Nav hold and went to sleep. I landed this at Bangkok then flew on to Brisbane.

This is flying the way i like like it (Extremely Lazy)

guest Guest

My longgest flight ever was 16.1 hours from Macdill AFB (Tampa FL) to Riyadh Saudi Arabia in a C-141 with 3 air refuelings, but actually that was a real flight and not in FSX.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...