Longest flight...

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

What is the longest flight you have been on both in real life and in the sim.

For me, my longest flight was from Gatwich to Orlando, about 7 and a half hours. (Real life)

In the sim, I took my longest flight just a couple of days ago from Gatwick to Krakow. It took me 2 and a half hours.

😉

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Longest flight was probably from Gatwick to Sharm-el-Sheikh in Egypt which was around 6 hours.

In the sim, without time acceleration, I flew my 777-200LR from Heathrow to Darwin (Australia) which took just over 15 hours

And a similar post if anyone's interested:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2992/whats-longest-flight-youve-simmed-in-real/

😉

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Longest Real Life Flight: Denver to Orlando 6 1/2 hours.
longest Sim Flight: Las Vegas to London 12 1/2 hours.

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Longest real world flight - London-Melbourne (21 hours broken down into three legs: London-Bankok, 12 hrs; Bankok-Sydney, 8 hours; Sydney-Melbourne, 1 hour) Layovers were about 1 hour long.

Longest sim flight - depends. Usually if I'm taking it seriously I do short hops in the Cessna to learn the ropes. If I feel like messing about and crashing jetliners, I suppose it would be Paris-San Franciso, which I think was about 13 hours. And I did manage to land sort of successfully 😂

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

In the sim. Kennedy to Heathrow. About 7 hours or so.

In real life. Cleveland to Miami. About 3 hours.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

I can't remember exactly what my longest real life flight is, it's either from Singapore to London, or from Amsterdam to Singapore or something.. at least it was from Europe to Singapore or the other way around. About 12 hours.

Longest sim flight, Bergen to Gran Canaria. about 5-6 hours (without time acceleration of course)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Longest flight in real life: From Madrid to Buenos Aires. 12h15m

Longest flight in sim: From Singapore to Newark. 19.1 hours.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Longest time on an airplane: Doha-Cambridge 21 hours
Longest real flight: London-Los Angeles 14 hours
Longest sim flight: San Fran-St Maarten 7.5 hours

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Longest Real Life Flight(s) ever:

Auckland (New Zealand), via Bali (Indonesia)- this was before the infamous bombings there- via Jakata (Indonesia) to the London Heathrow (England)

or

Auckland (New Zealand) via Los Angeles (USA) (with a few days break) to London Heathrow (England)

or

London Heathrow (England) via Kula Lumpar (Malyasia) then Brisbane (Austalia) to Auckland (New Zealand)

or

Auckland (New Zealand) via Osaka (Japan) to London Heathrow (England)

Longest Sim Flight
London via Munich, Thessalonki, Dubai, Sri Lanka, Kula Lumpar, Jakarta, Dawin, and Brisbane to Auckland. (That was split up over a week though)

Guest Ed Guest

In real life, Los Angeles to Tokyo, about 11 hours.

On a flight that long, by the time you arrive you feel like you've been on the plane your whole life.

Ed

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Real life Hamilton, New Zealand to Brisbane, Australia in 4 hours, and FS the same.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...