What is "AI"?

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

I see this quite often in your postings but couldn't quite figure it out. Is this a Microsoft addon or something? I'm a little embarrassed to ask but nonetheless, it still remains a mystery to me.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

AI - artificial intelligence. those "other' airplanes flying around and landing and such. under computer control

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Gee's?!?!?! Yet another awarding winning posts. Idea Umm... 🍅

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

To expand on what jellrod said, AI aircraft are controlled by the computer and are programmed where to go. When you contact ATC during offline flight, you might see other AI aircraft contacting ATC.

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

astrosteve wrote:

I guess you were just born with all your knowledge huh ?

Pro Member First Officer

Yea, Overnight Success Story that's me...... Idea Ha Ha Yes

GoodisonBlue wrote:

astrosteve wrote:

I guess you were just born with all your knowledge huh ?

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

Thanks for all of the responses. Got it now.

Astrosteve: your postings have revealed much about you. My apologies.

Pro Member First Officer

Oh, come on guy's can't we have a little fun on here every once in awhile??? Gee's everybody's soo sensetive. I have been on here for year's it's all with good intent. ❤️

Heyjoojoo wrote:

Thanks for all of the responses. Got it now.

Astrosteve: your postings have revealed much about you. My apologies.

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

I try to take every good instance in life as an education or something I can use for the future - something that either helps others or myself. I like humor too. I guess there are times when it's appropriate and other times when it's like huh?

When I post a question or comment, I, like others in the forum, am interested in seeing others' comments in hope to having questions answered or woes eased. I've seen humor well weaved into postings made by others with no hint of arrogance. Your two comments here were not like that at all - which is why they prompted the responses they did.

I don't think that people are being too sensitive but rather considerate and courteous. That's all.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

Heyjoojoo wrote:

When I post a question or comment, I, like others in the forum, am interested in seeing others' comments in hope to having questions answered or woes eased.

being pretty shiny and new myself, i will tell you that this is the place to be if you have a question you just can't figure out. no one here has ever given me a hard time and believe me, i have repeated questions there are dozens of threads for. 😂 i can think of only one other place that comes close to being this cool...

Pro Member First Officer

My apologies I did'nt mean for it to turn out like that at all. So welcome and again sorry for the humor in/at the wrong time. 🙄 ➡

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

No big deal, and no hard feelings here Astrosteve.

I'm more concerned about successfully completing an ILS approach. But I dont even want to try any of that yet until I get my new board and new Core2Duo processor...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

None taken, that is why I never replied.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...