dark planes

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

...i'm at my wits end, all my planes, and the built in ones with FSX and FS9 are dark running under Vista, or this Acer.

Running Acer desktop E4300 1.8GHz duo with 2GB ram and Intel 946GZ Express GMA3000 Chipset for video.

The planes are all in shadow view. In the 'Create a Flight' screen, they are nice, bright, and white, but when I click "Fly Now" they go dark.

I reloaded FS9 thinking it was FSX, but see the same thing.

I've included screen shots on my site:

http://www.tomax7.com/thoughts/flightsim9.htm

Tried turning the plane details down and up but same.

Just wondering if anyone has the same experience if this is a Vista or Intel 946 chipset issue.

cheers
tom

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's the video card, boost up the aircraft again and lower all the scenery settings especially autogen, you should see some difference.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

...thanks for the suggestion, tried it, worked for a second, but change views, like chase plane, and then back to cockpit, it goes back to shadow.

Gotta be that Intel card.

Dang.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

tomax7 wrote:

...thanks for the suggestion, tried it, worked for a second, but change views, like chase plane, and then back to cockpit, it goes back to shadow.

Gotta be that Intel card.

Dang.

Most integrated cards don't work well with graphic intensive software like FSX
My guess is that the only card you could get (and disable the Intel one) would be a PCI (not PCIe) card.
You can find good buys on them.
I doubt that you have a slot for AGP card, especially if it's a Dell.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...