Does FSX require a CD in the drive to use it

Pro Member Trainee
1up2down Trainee

I am considering getting FSX, but only if it will run without the need of having a CD in the drive the same as FS2007 does. Can someone tell me if it needs one or not.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Nope, you just need the DVD in the drive for installation. You don't need the DVD to run it.

By the way, Welcome to FlyAway! 😀

1up2down wrote:

I am considering getting FSX, but only if it will run without the need of having a CD in the drive the same as FS2007 does. Can someone tell me if it needs one or not.

this is a troll.
all the info are on http://www.fsxinsider.com

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

1up2down wrote:

this is a troll.

1) He is not a troll. He is just asking a question.
2) FSInsider doesn't really say anything about running FSX from the DVD
3) The link you posted is incorrect

Pro Member Trainee
1up2down Trainee

anonymouse91 wrote:

Nope, you just need the DVD in the drive for installation. You don't need the DVD to run it.

By the way, Welcome to FlyAway! 😀

Hey, thanks for the welcome and the help. I only have two DVD drives and their already taken up by other programs that annoyingly require the CD to be left in. As for being a Troll, isn't that some sort of supernatural being from Scandinavian mythology. At my age, I don't mind being called supernatural Smile)

Still, no need to pull him up over it, he was only trying to help, and meant nothing by it I'm sure.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Well, take them out. Don't use them while you use FSX or you won't even get the best preformance possible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

1up2down wrote:

this is a troll.

He pays to be here, he's not the troll.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

1up2down wrote:

FS2007???

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Yeah, that is what I thought. I think he ment FS9 or FS2004.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...