F12 key fades to white

before SP1, when I click on the F12 key, I get an overview of the terrain.

If I press the minus key (-), I can zoom out until I see the earth as a globe.

however, after I installed SP1, when I press the minus key (-), the scenary will zoom out a bit, then fades to white. I do not get to see the globe anymore.

Why is that happening ???

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest

nobody has this problem ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I guess not, at least yet.

It may be your video card, or the drivers for it (try new ones) or a bug in SP1.

Radar

Civili Guest

Im not sure we got the same problem, but when i press F12 3 times, and then return to the normal cockpit view the globe looks just like you describe, except its kinda brown, trees and such are still visible though. I now use F9 to switch to the cockpit view before i hit the f12 for the 3. time. Im all updated , new drivers and all. Perhaps its because i changed some values in the fsx.cfg file, no idea 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Civili wrote:

Im not sure we got the same problem, but when i press F12 3 times, and then return to the normal cockpit view the globe looks just like you describe, except its kinda brown, trees and such are still visible though. I now use F9 to switch to the cockpit view before i hit the f12 for the 3. time. Im all updated , new drivers and all. Perhaps its because i changed some values in the fsx.cfg file, no idea 😞

I hope you backed up the cfg before you altered it.

Radar

Civili Guest

RadarMan wrote:

Civili wrote:

Radar

Of course i didnt, REAL men dont do backup. haha
Fourtunately i remember the things ive changed..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Civili wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Civili wrote:

Radar

Of course i didnt, REAL men dont do backup. haha
Fourtunately i remember the things ive changed..

😂 That describes us all. We remember to do it after the fact.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...