Poor quality aircraft

you get what you pay for.

the free downloads are just horrible.

no disrespect for the contributors, but once you tried the FSX aircraft, there is just no comparison.

the fs2002 was a major leap in sim technology

the fs2004 was fantastic

now the fsx put everything else to shame

the glorious days

the in awe flight sim experiences

are nothing but distain

now the fsx rules

we need new airplanes

that can match its beauty

only if i knew how to make airplanes

the fsx way

i would

and i would make to share with all

their photorealistic shades

their uncanny flight experiences

of a true fsx airplane

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

FSX is still a fairly new game and good quality add-ons are rare, although there are some so look harder.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

not entirely true. i have a few which are pretty awesome

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I had some really nice FS9 aircraft when I switched to FSX, but oh well... as with anything, it takes time for the developers to come out with something nice, and that doesnt cost an arm and a leg... I dont care how much money I, or anyone else has, I cannot justify buying a single aircraft add on that costs MORE than the sim itself... its arrogance on the part of the developers... NOW... I will buy some cheaper add-ons, like $18 per plane, or the WWII pack, etc.

I think the C130 is fantastic. Lots of details, lots of moving parts, lots of things to play with.

Too bad it is not ready for FSX.

I would gladly pay for this add-on.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

cheezyflier wrote:

not entirely true. i have a few which are pretty awesome

I did not say there weren't any, I said they were rare.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

you get what you pay for.

the free downloads are just horrible.

no disrespect for the contributors, but once you tried the FSX aircraft, there is just no comparison.

the fs2002 was a major leap in sim technology

the fs2004 was fantastic

now the fsx put everything else to shame

the glorious days

the in awe flight sim experiences

are nothing but distain

now the fsx rules

we need new airplanes

that can match its beauty

only if i knew how to make airplanes

the fsx way

i would

and i would make to share with all

their photorealistic shades

their uncanny flight experiences

of a true fsx airplane

That is what you get for using FS 2002 aircraft in FSX. Next time, you'll search for high quality 2004/FS9 aircraft for FSX.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Anyone else notice it was a really bad rhyme?

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

I only have one gripe concerning FSX' aircraft. A developer or two have had a serious misconception of how quickly a 737-800 for example, stops once it hits the ground. In roughly 3 seconds when I land the plane it comes to a complete stop, it's rediculous. It should take much longer than that, you hardly even need a quarter of the runway. However, if you purchase add on aircraft from Abacus say, the landings are so much more realistic, but the VC on the "Fly The Airbus Fleet" planes... pathetic.

Pro Member Trainee
FTFUSA7 Trainee

JLangevin wrote:

Mainly esoteric trivia 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

Sno0ze wrote:

I only have one gripe concerning FSX' aircraft. A developer or two have had a serious misconception of how quickly a 737-800 for example, stops once it hits the ground. In roughly 3 seconds when I land the plane it comes to a complete stop, it's rediculous. It should take much longer than that, you hardly even need a quarter of the runway. However, if you purchase add on aircraft from Abacus say, the landings are so much more realistic, but the VC on the "Fly The Airbus Fleet" planes... pathetic.

yeah i know what you mean stopping distance. i only ever used 737 in 2004 and fsx but i member in 2002 the learjet used all the runway to stop and the 737 there i could stop in couple meters

guest Guest

Sno0ze wrote:

Are you using autobrake, or the brake button on the joystick?

Im not sure if its the same in fsx, but in fs2004 using the brake button on your joystick is about the equavilant of having auto brake on max. Turn autobrake on 1 or 2, and let the plane do the breaking, and use reverse thrust and it will take a fair bit of the runyway to stop.

JLangevin wrote:

was it a rhyme?

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

JLangevin wrote:

I think he was trying to write a "haiku", which does not need to rhyme.

That having been said, I've seen better haikus.

mdaskalos

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

too long to be haiku

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

jellrod wrote:

too long to be haiku

That's his problem, not mine. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

guest wrote:

Sno0ze wrote:

Are you using autobrake, or the brake button on the joystick?

Im not sure if its the same in fsx, but in fs2004 using the brake button on your joystick is about the equavilant of having auto brake on max. Turn autobrake on 1 or 2, and let the plane do the breaking, and use reverse thrust and it will take a fair bit of the runyway to stop.

normaly in 2004 if i land i can stop using full r thrust in meters

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...