Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Install which first? SDK1, SDK2, SP1 - in which order...

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

I have FSX on a Windows XP Pro machine and had to reinstall FSX. In which order should the SDK1, SDK2, and SP1 files be installed?

Kareem

orderchoice Guest

i dont know but make sure that you reboot your computer between each one, i found that out with CFS3 updates, that if ya don't it doesnt install correctly. it installs in seperate folders if ya do it all at once then reboot.
like it will say on the add/remove thing in control panel
microsoft combat flight sim. 3.0
microsoft combat flight sim. patch3.1

instead of what it is supposed to be

microsoft combat flight sim.3.1

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Unless you have a use for the SDK's why load them.
Do SP1 first as long as your machine is completely clean of the old install.
Registry also.
Anything left will screw up the install.

Radar

Guest

RadarMan wrote:

Unless you have a use for the SDK's why load them.
Do SP1 first as long as your machine is completely clean of the old install.
Registry also.
Anything left will screw up the install.

Radar

SDK is useful and IMPORTANT.

you should read the detail before you discount it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

http://www.fsinsider.com/developers/Pages/UpdatestotheSDKinSP1.aspx#generalsdkchanges

SDK=Software Development Kit.

Why would you need it for the sim, it's for developers.
The original is needed to use the update.
The original one came on the Deluxe version, not on the regular version.
Does this mean that the regular version won't look or run as well as the deluxe because it lacks the SDK, I think not.

If you want to install it.
Install SP1 first.
Then SDK on the DVD.
Then the update.

If I'm wrong please post a link.

Radar

Guest

RadarMan wrote:

http://www.fsinsider.com/developers/Pages/UpdatestotheSDKinSP1.aspx#generalsdkchanges

SDK=Software Development Kit.

Why would you need it for the sim, it's for developers.
The original is needed to use the update.
The original one came on the Deluxe version, not on the regular version.
Does this mean that the regular version won't look or run as well as the deluxe because it lacks the SDK, I think not.

If you want to install it.
Install SP1 first.
Then SDK on the DVD.
Then the update.

If I'm wrong please post a link.

Radar

obviously you have not read the detail

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

http://www.fsinsider.com/developers/Pages/UpdatestotheSDKinSP1.aspx#generalsdkchanges

SDK=Software Development Kit.

Why would you need it for the sim, it's for developers.
The original is needed to use the update.
The original one came on the Deluxe version, not on the regular version.
Does this mean that the regular version won't look or run as well as the deluxe because it lacks the SDK, I think not.

If you want to install it.
Install SP1 first.
Then SDK on the DVD.
Then the update.

If I'm wrong please post a link.

Radar

obviously you have not read the detail

Talk don't just criticize.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

Guest - what does the SDK offer the average user of FSX? Why is the SDK needed for users who are not software developers?

As Radarman says, quite rightly, explain.

tweeks n boosts Guest

Confused I thought that there was supposed to be all sorts of tweeks and boosts to fsx with the sdk, and the update even more so???? Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

tweeks n boosts wrote:

Confused I thought that there was supposed to be all sorts of tweeks and boosts to fsx with the sdk, and the update even more so???? Confused

It doesn't seem to be the case.
That would leave all of the people who bought the regular version out in the cold.

Lets let the guest explain, I asked to be corrected.

Radar

Guest

RadarMan wrote:

tweeks n boosts wrote:

Confused I thought that there was supposed to be all sorts of tweeks and boosts to fsx with the sdk, and the update even more so???? Confused

It doesn't seem to be the case.
That would leave all of the people who bought the regular version out in the cold.

Lets let the guest explain, I asked to be corrected.

Radar

you can download the SDK from MS.

Pro Member Trainee
FTFUSA7 Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

tweeks n boosts wrote:

Confused I thought that there was supposed to be all sorts of tweeks and boosts to fsx with the sdk, and the update even more so???? Confused

It doesn't seem to be the case.
That would leave all of the people who bought the regular version out in the cold.

Lets let the guest explain, I asked to be corrected.

Radar

you can download the SDK from MS.

OK OK...........you want to run FSX in Deluxe mode then you must have the following:

The ORIGINAL SDK MUST BE INSTALLED BEFORE YOU INSTALL SDK1.
YOU WANT SP1 YOU MUST HAVE FSX INSTALLED CORRECTLY. MS HAS ALL THE INFO ON THE SDK AND SDK1 AS WELL AS THE SP1.

SDKs: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT changes, for those who choose to develope changes and perhaps...pass them on GULP!

SPs: SERVICE PACKS FOR THE EVERYDAY PLAYER

They used to be called PTFs: Program Temporary Fixes, but times change and so does the lingo. ie. Microcode = Firmware
Always know your BIOS! and CL levels Cool

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1 You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics