Does Train Sim support Windows XP? Thanks to anyone that can help out!
I bought not long after it came out and have deleted it since but I run XP Home and it worked very well.
I know that it doesn't say on the box that it works on XP.
I'm sure you can pick it up very cheap now that they decided not to put out another edition of it. Try ebay or Amazon.
To play Microsoft® Train Simulator, You need:
* Multimedia PC with a Pentium II 266 MHz equivalent or higher processor with 8 MB 3D video hardware acceleration or better, or a Pentium II 350 MHz equivalent or higher processor
* Microsoft Windows ® 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating system (Does not support Windows NT®)
* 32 MB of RAM for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME; 64 MB for Windows 2000
* 500 MB of available hard disk space for a minimum install
* Approximately 1.5 GB of available hard disk space for a full install
* DirectX ® 7. 0a API or later
* DirectX 7. 0a or later compatible 4 MB video card capable of 800 x 600 resolution in 32K colors
* DirectX 7. 0a or later compatible sound card with speakers or headphones for audio
* Quad- speed CD-ROM drive
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* Super VGA, 1-bit color monitor or better supporting 800 x 600 resolution
Yes it runs on XP but sometimes it can be very slow
How to you get Train Simulator to run on XP. Loads ok but restarts computer when trying to open. Any help appreciated.
How to Run Windows 9x-based Games with Windows XP
Also read through this post and see if any sections of it helps you with your problems.
Check out your video drivers and the latest DirectX.
Be sure that your computer fans are clean and it's running cool.
When is the last time you ran defrag, it helps.
Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...