Loss Of Control on Climb out

Pro Member Trainee
Bill Thornton (Thunder-01) Trainee

FSX w/SP1 -- I just had a rather harrowing experience while departing LCK for ATL: Acft – B737, altitude: climbing thru FL195 for FL220, Hdg: 235, IAS about 200Kts and increasing, autopilot engaged. I got a stall warning and pushed the throttles to full. The acft went violently out of control as it lost altitude rapidly. It then rolled left completely as I looked out the left window. Nothing I did seemed to help. In despiration I incrementally dropped flaps all the way to 40. I got more control with each drop. I regained control at about 4000 AGL only after I lowered the gear. Once she was nose level, the stall warning came back. I don’t remember the TAS. At this point she wouldn’t climb. I selected 7700 on the IFF and ATC didn’t notice. It cancelled my IFR clnce because I would not answer the radio calls. I was a bit busy! I finally reset the flight.
Does anybody know WHAT in the Hell happened and why my Emergency Code was ignored by the program???????????????????????????

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

Just from reading other posts here, the emergence xponder code doesn't work in FSX - or at least that is my understanding.

You didn't mention anything about it above, but did you disengage the a/p before trying to come out of the stall? Other than that, I can't think of why the 737 would stall. I'm usually above 250 KIAS as I pass 10,000 feet, so maybe your airspeed was too low for your rate of climb.

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks.
I thought about that. Speed Control was NOT engaged. I could have gotten too involved in the heading and altitude to notice the speed dropping. Lesson Learned.
Any idea if there are plans to program the system so it notices 76 or 77 codes?
Thunder

Pro Member Trainee

BTW RowCoach,
I disengaged the AP as soon as control was lost.
You may be right - it may have been speed Vs. Rate of Climb.
Thanks,
Thunder

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...