airspeed indicator malfunction

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hi there,

There seems to be a problem in the FSX when you fly in the weather mode-"heavy snows". After you take off and reach the cruise altitude, the
airspeed indicator on the primary flight display stops functioning and is back at 000. And u really dont know at what speed you're flying! It never comes back even during the approach. This also happens to the backup speed indicator.

Anybody knows why this happens exactly. Other weather modes are just perfect.

Cheers

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
paul2007 Trainee

have you got your anti ice switched on? 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Turn on the pitot tube heat.

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

my anti ice option is on. but no clue about the pilot heat. where do i find it in the 747?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

abmukh80 wrote:

my anti ice option is on. but no clue about the pilot heat. where do i find it in the 747?

That switch includes the pitot heat. My flight testings with moderate ice shows that it will take about 2-3 minutes before airspeed returns to normal.

S Doctor Guest

I faced the exact same problem in snowy conditions even thought I had the anti-ice on. Then I tried the keyboard short cut for pitot heat (shift + H) and left the engine on for around 3 minutes before take off. This seemed to work for me. Do let me know if this works for you too.

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

OLD post but on topic. My VA has the Boeing 717-200 by Jet City. It is for FSX and in the ircraft config files there are FSX Camera definitions.
It works in FS9 which is wht I fly. I flew out of KMSP a few hours ago0Cold Windy Snowing. Had Anti-Ice switch turned on hit the throttles and noticed no airspeed showing, So I hit "SHIFT+H" NOTHING.
I eventually landed at KMCI using the GPS indicated speed, and more or less, full flaps and one throttle setting that I did not touch till I pulled power off over the numbers.

I have seen NOTHING anywhere till this post. So I thought I would ask if anyone has a fix for this?

From the Aircraft CFG file it only has this , but No switch visible anywhere.

[ELECTRICAL]
max_battery_voltage = 24
generator_alternator_voltage = 28
max_generator_alternator_amps = 65
electric_always_available = 0
flap_motor = 0, 5, 17.0
gear_motor = 0, 5, 17.0
autopilot = 0, 5, 17.0
avionics_bus = 0, 10, 17.0
avionics = 1, 5, 17.0
pitot_heat = 0, 2, 17.0
additional_system = 0, 20, 17.0
marker_beacon = 1, 2, 17.0
gear_warning = 0, 2, 17.0
fuel_pump = 0, 5, 17.0
starter1 = 0, 20, 17.0
starter2 = 0, 20, 17.0
light_nav = 0, 5, 17.0
light_beacon = 0, 5, 17.0
light_landing = 0, 5, 17.0
light_taxi = 0, 5, 17.0
light_strobe = 0, 5, 17.0
light_panel = 0, 5, 17.0
standby_vacuum = 0, 5, 17.0
hydraulic_pump = 0, 2, 17.0
fuel_transfer_pump = 0, 5, 17.0
light_recognition = 0, 5, 17.0
light_wing = 0, 5, 17.0
light_logo = 0, 5, 17.0

[PITOT STATIC]
vertical_speed_time_constant = 1000

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...