Is there any way to tweak ATC??

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

I am basically having problems with the ATC on FS9.

I run the traffic 2005 add on at 60% traffic and when I come to a land at a major hub it is total chaos!!

The other day I was landing in Miami and and the ATC sent me 150nm away from the airport before bringing me into land is this normal?

Then 9 times out of 10 I and numerous other aircraft will get the 'go around' call when on final and it really seems over the top and spoils things.

I suppose the obvious answer is to turn down the traffic setting but It really shouldnt have to come to this so is there anyway to make ATC perform better??.

Thanks for any advice!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
JP (jpalmer2004) Trainee

I've actually came into that problem in San Antonio.....and my air traffic wasn't really on high settings.........i think it may be more of a glitch on my end then anything.........Everytime i get almost on the ground ATC tells me to go around.....it really is annoying though.............

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Pulp1 wrote:

I am basically having problems with the ATC on FS9.

I run the traffic 2005 add on at 60% traffic and when I come to a land at a major hub it is total chaos!!

The other day I was landing in Miami and and the ATC sent me 150nm away from the airport before bringing me into land is this normal?

Then 9 times out of 10 I and numerous other aircraft will get the 'go around' call when on final and it really seems over the top and spoils things.

I suppose the obvious answer is to turn down the traffic setting but It really shouldnt have to come to this so is there anyway to make ATC perform better??.

Thanks for any advice!

You got away pretty good with it. In my case I end up 100 nm away from the airport and with my IFR cancelled. 😉

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Yeah, FS9 ATC is stupid no-brainer, get Radar Contact. That is the most realistic ATC software you can get.

I heard they are working on v5, anybody know when is the release date?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...