Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Interesting, thanks.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

GADS

Nor is this the “what will be in the DX10 release for DX9 users” discussion.

You're gonna try that? The plumbing between the operating system and the application may become so rube-gold-burg it will revert be msdos 7.23 after startup, sometimes.

More eye candy ?

And all the cockpit materials aren’t working as the lack of glare across the bar and the lack of alpha in the windscreen shows.

We outta do a pole, I find windscreen reflections distracting in my game already.

Question:
Will FSX-SP2 include -SP1 and is SP2 only recommended for vista systems?

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

oldsamer wrote:

GADS

Nor is this the “what will be in the DX10 release for DX9 users” discussion.

You're gonna try that? The plumbing between the operating system and the application may become so rube-gold-burg it will revert be msdos 7.23 after startup, sometimes.

actually, its not that bad.

If we were just installing on DX10 systems, we'd have to detect that.

So its just adding a bit of extra payload for when the DX10 detection fails. And then installing that payload.

oldsamer wrote:

More eye candy ?

And all the cockpit materials aren’t working as the lack of glare across the bar and the lack of alpha in the windscreen shows.

We outta do a pole, I find windscreen reflections distracting in my game already.

The SP2(DX10) release will contain perf improvements as well as visual features. I cant help you with existing features you find distracting Smile.

oldsamer wrote:

Question:
Will FSX-SP2 include -SP1 and is SP2 only recommended for vista systems?

No. SP1 will be a requirement for SP2(DX10).

As I said, we are investigating what we can do for DX9 users and when I can talk to specifics I will. This shouldnt be news, though, as when we shipped SP1 I mentioned we were looking at alpha-fade for Autogen batching for everyone.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...